Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I was wonder how good these pt100 are? I have a chance to trade my pt740 for one and was wonder if thats a good trade? I did some research last night and they sound like great guns just wanted some input from people who have one.

·
Registered
13,857 Posts
Make the trade and never look back!!!!!! The PT100 is the larger brother of the PT99, an all metal pistol with a huge following. The PT100 has the adjustable sights where as the PT99 is fixed sights.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Make the trade and never look back!!!!!! The PT100 is the larger brother of the PT99, an all metal pistol with a huge following. The PT100 has the adjustable sights where as the PT99 is fixed sights.
Thats backwards. The PT99 is the adjustable sight version of the PT92. While the PT100 is fixed, PT101 is adjustable. The only known issue I have heard of with a PT100 is the same as the Beretta 96. The darned locking block. Which I don't even know if that's internet hoopla or a real issue. If you like the 40S&W round I would go for it in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
13,857 Posts
Thats backwards. The PT99 is the adjustable sight version of the PT92. While the PT100 is fixed, PT101 is adjustable. The only known issue I have heard of with a PT100 is the same as the Beretta 96. The darned locking block. Which I don't even know if that's internet hoopla or a real issue. If you like the 40S&W round I would go for it in a heartbeat.
You are correct....my fingers and brain were not typing in sync.
PT-92: 9mm fixed sites
PT-99 9mm adjustable sites
PT-100 .40 fixed sites
PT-101 .40 adjustable sites
PT-101P .40 adjustable sites

Either way..do the deal.

·
Registered
46 Posts
You are correct....my fingers and brain were not typing in sync.
PT-92: 9mm fixed sites
PT-99 9mm adjustable sites
PT-100 .40 fixed sites
PT-101 .40 adjustable sites
PT-101P .40 adjustable sites

Either way..do the deal.
Sorry I figured you knew what your talking about. ;) It's for the OP sake I corrected your typo.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Wow -- about the only thing that you would be loosing is your CC pistol. I used to have a PT100 that I traded for a hunting rifle and it was a solid pistol. If all things are equal between the two pistols in terms of condition, etc., I would make the deal.

·
Registered
13,857 Posts
Sorry I figured you knew what your talking about. ;) It's for the OP sake I corrected your typo.
Just another "Senior Moment" I haven't had one of those since.....well, I can't remember the last time. But, then what is it they say if the first to go with old age.......Darn, I can't remember that either.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm not sure what version pt100 you say do not have adjustable sights, but I just got a pt 100 in SS w/ gold accruments, and it has a dove tailed adjustable sight on it! Windage/Elevation fully adjustable, but dead on out of the box! Cycles perfect but I like the way my PT1911 shoots better, in .45 ACP

1 - 8 of 8 Posts