Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my PT99 compleatly apart yesterday and cleaned it inside out, along with a trigger job and some polishing, and what a difference.
Trigger pull and all mooving parts much smoother and looks better to. :cool:

IMG_5720.JPG IMG_5721.JPG IMG_5722.JPG IMG_5723.JPG

Reactions: texastaurusguy

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Very nice pics, indeed!

Thanks for sharing them with us.

Reactions: Ingvarg

·
Registered
177 Posts
Have you ever done a hammer job? If so, is that difficult?

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
I've got one just like yours. Great pistols!

·
Super Moderator
35,540 Posts
That model is on my wish list, nice job polishing it up!

Merry Christmas to Iceland (and make sure that Santa gets those reindeer rounded up in time :D )

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Have you ever done a hammer job? If so, is that difficult?
Yes I have, on several pistols and rifles. Difficult you ask. It depends, Dificult for one can be easy for another one, and vise versa. :cool: I´m good with metal and mecanics, fair with wood, but could hardly save my life in some other areas so it all depends on each inviduals skills.
If you know the pistols mecanism and are comfortable taking it compleatly apart and putting back together the rest is rather easy. (Bit of a elbow grease and lot of patience though)
My opinion is that the trigger pull on the 92/99 is a bit rough but other than that the brake is short and quite good so actually there is no need for other than polishing all moving parts to minimise resistance between them. (At least on my pistol. but of corse it can be different between pistols)
If you want the pull (brake) to be shorter you can file a little bit of the notch on the hammer (The one the sear locks in) but be wery carefull doing that. If you take to much the trigger pull can be far to light and the hammer could easily fall down by it self when the slide snaps back after each shot. And the only way fixing that is usually new hammer, so I would recommend starting with the polishing and you will be surprised how much improvement that will do.
Here is a wery good tutorial by a fellow member ADAM731432 which shows quite vell how to do this on the 92/99 pistol.
http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/smithing/29076-pt-92-917-58-trigger-job.html

I hope this help. ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts