Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a PT-940 and it just came back from Taurus. They didn't do anything that I sent it in for except they replaced the safety spring that broke. They returned it with the wrong grips, they didn't include the extra parts that I wanted to buy. They stated on the work order that they could not find the problem. The problem that I have is the magazine release button has to REALLY be pushed IN to get it to release. There is no pop in the mag when the button is pushed. Holding the gun upside down, with the slide open most magazines, still pop up slightly (like bread in a toaster) NOT on this gun, and pushing the magazine button real deep is the only way to get it to release. Most of the guns that I have release at the beginning of the button getting pushed, this one won't release until it is almost at the end of the buttons travel. Does anyone know how to adjust this? Taurus evidentially doesn't think there is a problem. Please give me advise on fixing this or on how to fix. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
9,191 Posts
Is the release hard to push when there's no mag inserted? It almost sounds like the release is getting hung up on a round in the magazine. Take down your mags and check the insides for any burs that might be pushing a round against the left side (bullets facing away from you) as the follower rides up.

I had a similar problem with a new 945 magazine pushing a round against my release and dropping the mag while firing. Found a bur on the right side which shoved the rounds and follower against the release, a quick swipe or two with a rasp cleared it up and it's been perfect ever since.

·
Registered
8,801 Posts
Had similar problem with some Taurus mags (Mil pro & Slim). I placed in bench vise (rag protected to prevent scoring) and snugged down on long sides to remove belly - didn't go Hulk on them, but it resolved my problems with difficult release and refusal to drop out for being tight in mag well. Worth a try.

·
Registered
24,761 Posts
Sounds like these guys have the answer.

·
Registered
14,040 Posts
Or call Customer Service up and tell them the situation in detail. Do it in a plain well understood manner in a calm voice. Then ask if considering the circumstances will they please send you the required paperwork to ship it back to FL at their expense.

Inside the box, include a well written easy to understand explanation of what it is that requires the gun smiths attention. And don't forget to close the letter to the gun smith with "Thank you for your time and assistance in this matter, I greatly appreciate your assistance towards the repair of what has become my favorite firearm"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts