Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has someone determined if a PT-92 or other follower would replace the follower in PT-92C magazines? I have one functional 12 round mag left that and one that locks open on every shot. The follower appears to be damaged or worn. These mags have run thousands of rounds between the two and been used in dirty, wet, and nasty environments. I need reliable mags for this little beauty, but for now it is on the shelf waiting to find or fix magazines.

I see many threads on the 92c mags, but nothing summing up how to cobble together repair parts or replacements. Thoughts and comments on mags that will work with modifications or provide parts would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
4,795 Posts
I see a couple of (supposed) pt92c magazines on GunBroker. One is pricey and the other seems reasonable.

If you can find parts diagrams for magazines (on numrich, etc.) I'd see if they show the part numbers as identical between the 92 and 92C. That would be my best guess. You'd think they'd use the same part, but for some reason Taurus seems to reengineer everything for each gun, so odds are probably against them being the same.

Anyhow, that's what I'd look in to, but I have neither gun, so I have no answer for you--just the suggestion.

·
Administrator
18,038 Posts
Regular PT92 Magazine Followers are exactly the same as the Magazine Followers for the PT92C and will interchange.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts