Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where can i score a lanyard loop for my PT92 that didn't come with one stock? Do they have one that isn't black? I might do the controls black though.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Yo Yo Yo. Do any 92's even come with lanyard loops anymore? Do any of you guys even know what a lanyard loop is? :p

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
sorry i can't help on this one, the older pre internal lock 92's came with loops but i think all the ones i seen was black.

im thinking maybe a beretta loop would fit, or even a older pre lock one in a newer one, but you would need to remove the internal lock.. you'll be left with a small hole in the back strap.

but this is purely me guessing.

·
Administrator
18,276 Posts
Numerich Arms/Gun Parts Corp has the old style Hammer Strut Supports (called Mainspring housings on other guns) that have the Lanyard Loop, listed. These are available, Blued or Nickel.

http://www.e-gunparts.com/productschem.asp?chrMasterModel=2040zPT-92

As previously noted, these will not have any provision for the Security Lock.

Provisions for Lanyards are usually only made for Military Handguns, but they can be quite useful when traveling by Boat or Horseback, to keep one's sidearm from being lost. Historicly, they were an invention of the Horse Cavalries and found useful by the Navies.

My new 24/7 OSS .45 has a Lanyard Loop and so does my 1992 vintage PT92. I have yet to use them.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have already taken out the internal grip lock. Now my gun will shoot upside down :p I still need to snail mail you these "2" ball bearings. A non lockable lanyard loop would be great. I wonder how they are blued and nickled from E-parts when they are aluminum? Perhaps the old lanyard ones without the internal lock where steel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts