Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a new pt-92af-d really like everything about it,except the curve of the trigger.In double action the tip of the trigger kinda is uncomfortable I guess is how i'd put it. Didanyone have trouble adjusting to it.I know this is a petty complaint.I really do love the gun.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No it's not short,just designed with a lot of curve and my inital finger placement catches the tip a little.In single action it's fine.I guess shooting it more and getting more familiar with it will fix it.

·
Supporting SuperModerator
15,239 Posts
I've got a 99 ss that does that, but my 99 blue does not. I have been tempted to take a file to it :confused:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just don't know how you can even get your finger on the tip of the trigger.
not the front edge as you can not get your finger there.it's the top edge of the front,i think a file probably would take care of it but it's not that big of a deal.

·
Registered
36,775 Posts
I have no problem with my 99.
But there are several people that have a problem with the CZ curved triggers in some models as it causes pain after they shoot few rounds it gets uncomfortable.
again I have no problems with my CZ either.
of course CZ offers different trigger types and curvatures as after market parts too.
NO luck to my knowledge with Taurus though.
The only corrective measure that I have heard of on the CZ is a trigger change.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Someone on the forum fitted a Beretta trigger to theirs. It had to be filled on the bottom to fit.
I was wondering about that,someone maybe wilson makes a flatter trigger for a Beretta.Don't know if it would fit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Uphill, I know exactly what you mean!
When I first bought my PT92 I had the same experience.

I did find that after shooting it a while it went away, either I started setting my finger just a little differently or else I got used to the feeling.

Not sure which, but feels fine now!

·
Supporting SuperModerator
15,239 Posts
These are the triggers on my 99's, the SS is the one that has a sharp edge that I may put a file to.

PT 99 triggers.JPG

Ah! the dreaded rotation of the pic. :mad:

Actually the SS seems to have more of a bow to it than the blue. The blue was bought new, the SS was used.

Reactions: Exile
1 - 14 of 14 Posts