Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taurus received my PT 92 with a broken lock block on 10/20/19. After numerous emails and phone conversations, I have lost faith in their ability to get my repaired handgun back to me. It is almost four months later and all they have said is the move is causing repair delays. I have serious doubts that they even know where my gun is, now. My positive advice to Taurus? Locate my gun, fix it, return it to me. Failing that, admit it's lost and compensate me. This is ridiculous.

·
Premium Member
3,633 Posts
Bad management.

They probably have an idiot with an MBA and a spreadsheet in charge of customer service. They need to have someone with some logistics knowledge, that can create a process to track a gun from the moment it arrives in the mail room, until the moment it is mailed out. It should be scanned every time it moves in the facility. If it sits in someone's "in box" for 90 days, just say so. That would be much better than "we don't know, please wait".

There used to be lots of people working in the business world with a passion for making things, solving problems, and/or helping people. Now, it's just whatever they learn in MBA school and whatever pops out on the bottom of their spreadsheet.

[poster steps off soap box]

·
Registered
4,667 Posts
Man, it would have been easier to find the locking block yourself. Would the Beretta one work?

·
Super Moderator
35,535 Posts
I moved your thread to the appropriate forum. I sent mine back as the locking block cracked and froze the gun solid. IIRC it took maybe 8 weeks total and was worth it as they replaced the barrel and the locking block. Being the cost of shipping and a replacement Beretta part being equal, I would have gone that route if the pistol was capable of being field stripped. I suspect that they had to cut the barrel out of mine. I don't want to make excuses for them, but during the same time they are dealing with the move and the replacement of the Rossi recall guns. The real frustrating part is the loss of the chat feature which was a convenient and simple way to get their latest line of canned misinformation delivered to you.

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
I don't know to what depth Brownell's stocks Beretta 92 parts, nor am I sure that everything, (anything?), is interchangeable, but I found a takedown lever spring for my PT-58...

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
FOUR months?
Did I read that right, FOUR months?
I would be camped out on the CS phone line DEMANDING action by now, and not stopping until I received satisfaction.
I still can not believe it has been FOUR months with NOTHING from Taurus.
You are much more patient about this than I would ever be.

Reactions: taurustoter

·
Registered
36,024 Posts
FOUR months?
I would be camped out on the CS phone line DEMANDING action by now, and not stopping until I received satisfaction.
Yea you would think so but--my brand new PT1911 was returned for an extractor replacement (because they would not sent or sale me the part) and it took 9 weeks to get it back, and thats a 1911 extractor and at the time they were still in Miami---sooooo!

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
FOUR months?
Sometimes it does not make sense. I sent in a TPC for repair 5 or 6 months ago and they sent it back within 2 weeks. Maybe they have certain people work on certain types of guns.

·
Super Moderator
35,535 Posts
Sometimes it does not make sense. I sent in a TPC for repair 5 or 6 months ago and they sent it back within 2 weeks. Maybe they have certain people work on certain types of guns.
They build that gun in the USA, the PT92 and like are built in Brazil. It may be a parts issue.

·
Registered
29,845 Posts
This doesn't make much sense. A locking block can be replaced easily within 10-15 seconds.

·
Registered
36,024 Posts
They build that gun in the USA, the PT92 and like are built in Brazil. It may be a parts issue.

EXACTLY the problem with the PT1911 that I send in--no parts!!
course who would expect a factory repair center of a manufacture that makes 1911 to have an extractor in stock??
I mean those things are gigantic and take ups o much floor/shelf space in a warehouse!

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
About 7 years ago I put a Beretta lock in a Taurus. I just bought a used 101 and this post reminds me I need to get a spare Beretta lock. I'v been waiting on their CS to replace the hammer on a Gaucho SAA that was sent back in early Oct. If you get anything back in 2 months, consider your self VERY lucky. Once they took over 6 months to replace a PT1911 barrel. Good thing I only sent them the bad barrel. The guy that owned that gun got PO'ed after 4 months and had me fit an Ed Brown barrel into the PT. Shot like a bandit with that up grade. So the life time waits should be included in their literature. Then, they would be golden ;)

·
Administrator
17,592 Posts

·
Supporting Moderator
14,827 Posts
The option I took, was to buy parts guns on gunbroker. In all three cases, 2 - 99’s and a 709, I received every part except the frame. So far the only parts I have used were a frame insert for a grip screw, and a slide. The slide, because I traced the inability of the rear sight elevation to stay put, to stripped threads on the slide, for the elevation screw.

For some reason, when I have spare parts, none break. Well worth the money and the time savings.

Reactions: Wino and jwc007

·
Registered
151 Posts
Taurus would recover a world of credibility and customer good faith if they farmed out their warranty repairs to outside gunsmiths.

·
Registered
36,024 Posts
Taurus would recover a world of credibility and customer good faith if they farmed out their warranty repairs to outside gunsmiths.
well I personally think that if they used approved repair stations located around the country they would be light years ahead, both in customer satisfaction and reducing the work load on Customer Service.
the down side to this is first they would have to supply parts to those repair stations and that is quite a bit of the current (past) problems with customer service--the inability to have parts.

·
Registered
151 Posts
well I personally think that if they used approved repair stations located around the country they would be light years ahead, both in customer satisfaction and reducing the work load on Customer Service.
the down side to this is first they would have to supply parts to those repair stations and that is quite a bit of the current (past) problems with customer service--the inability to have parts.
Exactly... the lack of a spare parts inventory is concerning.

Reactions: Desperado
1 - 20 of 20 Posts