Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got interested today in getting one of these for my PT99 & all I'm finding is the Wilson Combat 700B version, which is ok but the price runs the gamut. Wilson website has them for about $5 ea & haven't checked what the shp'g charges will be. Cheaper Than Dirt really does have them (1 ea) cheaper than dirt until, that is, you place one in their cart. They sell for $3.95 ea but then shipping is $16.95. Totally ridiculous.

Wondering if anyone knows where I can get something generic like you can for the 1911 style pistol. Some years back I got a pull tab of about 5 or 10 for cheap at Midway but they don't offer the PT style one, nor does anyone else that I can find online.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you talking about those little pieces of rubber people put behind the recoil buffer? They're pretty much useless. I imagine you could find a washer that size in a hardware store.
The ones that are sold for that purpose usually are made of a more durable material & last a long time. Plain rubber washers deteriorate fast especially when in contact with heat, pressure & oil.

·
Administrator
18,578 Posts
Buy direct from Wilson Combat and be done with it. Don't give the CheaperThanDirt scalpers any money!

Reactions: PTDOUDE and william

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I received my Wilson recoil buffer today & installed it on my PT99 & it slides loosely up & down the recoil spring after placing it where the instructions say to place it? Just wondering if anyone else who has used one has had the same experience.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts