Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there. I am new to this forum and looking for some info. I have been looking for information on my PT92 which was purchased from a friend. It is a compact version, police special, which came with a 15 round clip. It is in perfect condition and might have only 500 rounds through it, max! I purchased a 17 round clip which fits perfect. Notice it has the decocker but no safety. I tried to search the ser number on the Taurus website which gave little info... Production year 1996. Model 1-920059P. I haven't seen a PT92 quite like this. Is it rare? If so, is it worth a lot? I wanted to put new paint on the sights to make them more visible, but I'm thinking I should just leave it as is. What's your thoughts?

Attachments

·
Registered
14,084 Posts
Wonder if this was a special commission run for a police special and they used the PT92 slide on a PT917 frame. I don't know, just a guess. I'm sure someone will step in and let us know.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Just a hunch on my part, but I'd say you have a rather unique and rare pistol there; and one that most any PT92 enthusiast would be happy to own.

I see that this is your first post, so I'd like to be the first to welcome you to this fine forum.

When you have a chance, drop over to the Member Introduction section and formerly introduce yourself to the TaurusArmed.net "family".

Reactions: jonrjen

·
Registered
14,084 Posts
OH MAN!!! I missed the whole first post thing..Bad Jon, Bad!!!!

Welcome to the greatest little gun forum on the entire internet. We sport some of the greatest people in the world here, and then there are a few more like me..enough said on that subject.

It appears that those are Hogue rubber grips on your PS92, am I correct?

·
Super Moderator
40,638 Posts
Very nice, I like it, can't recall seeing one before.

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Purty! You're makin' me drool.

OH, yeah, welcome to the forum.

Reactions: MilProGuy

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
73 Posts
I thought Beretta also made some 92 police models that were DAO. Wonder if yours is also DAO since you said there is no safety.

Either way, nice-looking pistol ya got there! And... Welcome to the Forum! :)

·
Super Moderator
21,712 Posts
Welcome to the forum and thats a head scratcher. For me but I'd say hang onto it it sure as got a few guys drooling here. :)

Reactions: MilProGuy

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Welcome from upper Michigan!...drooling...............

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
1 Smiley Hello.gif Welcome from the Rust Belt USA....

Nice!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome! Yes they are Hogue rubber grips. I took it out today to see how it fired and it shot like a dream! I hit a 3/4"x4" galvanized pipe from about 15 yards. Thought it was a fluke, so I did it 3 more times. My LE friend was impressed with the way it shot too!

·
Registered
373 Posts
Beautiful find!

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new firearm. Welcome from Oklahoma.

·
Administrator
18,181 Posts
Very very Nice! :cool: What you have is quite rare in the USA. Value will largely depend upon what a Collector will pay for it, but I place it's value at around $600 to $700 or so.
Keep it, shoot it, and take very good care of it! Painting the sights won't decrease it's value.

Probably a Surplus Import, not imported by Taurus USA, from a Police Armory somewhere.
Samco, CAI, and others, import used and surplus handguns from everywhere.

Reactions: Bender
1 - 20 of 28 Posts