Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Opinions on the value of this pistol would be helpful, it comes with two original magazines. Not sure if we are selling it yet but I'd like to know anyways for insurance purposes. Thanks for yer help yall!

PT 92 AFS 9mm PARA

Forjas Taurus S.A. Made in Brazil

Serial Number: TZD16522

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd say your best best it to look up gunbroker and see what going price is.
Gunbroker is FFL Transfer correct? That means shipping/transfer fees, and taxes. If I did ever sell it would be privately face-to-face, so I am wondering what the "cash" price would be for this and your opinion on its condition.

·
Registered
32,089 Posts
Jr 612 just meant for you to look on gunbroker to see what was being asked for 92 afs on the auction site, not to try to sell it there.

·
Registered
14,039 Posts
Long Shot: Where are you located....some areas demand better pricing than others. From the photos it looks clean and with rubber Hogue grip panels. I would say real money, with original box and as new (if fired and not NIB) somewhere in the $375 to $425 area. But like I mentioned, location and demand do come into play when selling and buying.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Long Shot: Where are you located....some areas demand better pricing than others.
Near the TX State Capitol, low unemployment rates and high-median range cost of living index.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Per the Taurus USA website's "Find My Model" link, your S/N PT-92 was manufactured in 2006. I bought the exact same gun model (but circa 2004) a year ago from a gun shop in Central Florida for $375 w/original box. I think jonrjen's estimate range is a good one.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
I just bought one just like it, two mags the paper work and even the warranty card. NIB unfired at a local pawn shop for $400 out the door

·
Registered
14,039 Posts
If you are looking at a price for insurance, most home insurance will allow for $500 as standard coverage on firearms. That is not per firearm but total coverage, higher coverage could be added at cost.
If you are looking at selling, just before this post I did do a quick check of prices on GunBroker. Cheapest new PT92 stainless I found was at $459, of course there would be shipping and FFL transfers to pay since this was out of state. Pre-owned price I was right in the ballpark, again a buyer would be looking at shipping and FFL transfer fees to pay. So all in, I will stick with my price range posted earlier. If you are looking for a few good venues to list it for sale, I recommend the classified section here on the TA forum. Another good site, and it is free is www.texasguntrader.com Kind of the Craigslist of firearms. No fees to list/sell/or buy. And of course Texas allows for face to face firearms sale to another Texas resident. I always use a Bill of Sale when I do a face to face transaction....listing the description of the firearm, serial number, buyers name and address with signature. I check but do not record TX DL. and prefer TX CHL. Texasguntrader does have a Bill of Sale that can be downloaded for no charge if you need one.
Other than that when making an appointment to meet a buyer, be smart, meet in public, accept cash only and if something doesn't feel right...leave.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Per the Taurus USA website's "Find My Model" link, your S/N PT-92 was manufactured in 2006. I bought the exact same gun model (but circa 2004) a year ago from a gun shop in Central Florida for $375 w/original box. I think jonrjen's estimate range is a good one.
I agree with jonrjen also I think $400 with the extra magazines and ammo would be good price for a private-sell. I only paid $350 for it because the FFL guy was in the mood to sell something. Here is what I found out from the link you shared with me:

Your Model Is 92SS-17
Production Year 2006

MSRP: $648.00

Any idea where to get reliable magazines or extended magazines for these? Ordering Taurus direct is the most expensive in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
CDNN carries the Mec-Gar and they work great in a PT-92.

Jim
I like this one, its a ProMag and cost less than the new factory 17 rounders ($22). Only hesitation I have is reliability? Be a good excuse to reward myself for my sixth-hundredth post.:)

·
Registered
14 Posts
My used PT-92 came with one factory mag which has been giving me problems - intermittent double feed. I have heard mixed reviews on Pro-Mags, but rave reviews on Mec-Gars. Bought 2 15-round Mec-Gars at my LGS, and have been very pleased. Cost was $28 each vs $44 each for the factory mags.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
I paid $385.00 for my PT 92 AFS with the orignal box.That was at LGS in west central Fl.

·
Registered
14,039 Posts
For extra mags, I usually check local gun boards and try to pick them up from owners who sold their gun but had a bunch of extra mags.

·
Registered
45 Posts
The price ranges I'm seeing here look pretty accurate for our area. Send me a message if you decide you want to sell. I'd be interested, and I'm in 210.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
1 - 20 of 23 Posts