Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new PT 92 and have 300-400 rounds through it. I noticed that the barrel can be wiggled. Is this normal? I have field stripped it twice, did I put it back together wrong? It still shoots, but it has plenty of spread.

Dwayne

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
i've heard of this happening with both bretta and taurus 92's

my beretta locks up nice and tight but my taurus has had some wiggle room from NIB.

how loose is it? and is it effecting accuracy?

also push with your thumb on the back of the slide while trying to wiggle the barrel with your other hand and see if it does'nt make it tighter.

im guessing your 92 is probably fine unless it's loose enough to rattle in the slide.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
I noticed that the barrel can be wiggled
Is the action opened or closed? it's supposed to wiggle when the slide is locked back...Even with action closed, because of the large muzzle opening in the slide there will be little movemant (but it should be minimal)

·
Registered
190 Posts
mine wiggles a little when it is cocked but only when the saftey is on....when the saftey is off it is tight again.
i would say its fine as long as it is just a small amount.
mine has well over 1000 rounds through it and its never gave any problems.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I never use the safety. I carry it with shell in chamber and on half-cock. There is movement in this position. I can still put all rounds in body at 7yds, just wanted to know if this was normal. Otherwise I am very pleased with the Taurus, only one FTF in hundreds of rounds.

Dwayne

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
you should'nt carry a gun on half cock, the barrel might wiggle a little bit but it should not be excessive since excessive is subjective description you'll have to judge for your self but a little movement is ok however if it flops around on it's own it's to much.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.