Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new PT 92 shoots real low. Aprox 8 inches w/ 124 gr, 4 inches w/115 W.W.B. ball. That's at 10yards, bag rested. I want a fixed sight. How do I determine how much higher of a sight to have put on it? I want to buy the part and have a local smitty install it.
In order to hit "center mass", I have to line up the rear sight with the base of the front sight. Centerline is good.
P.S. I was always told that heavier projectiles are suposed to shoot higher than lighter ones. Any Ideas? ???

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi,Is it a brand new gun or a older new to you gun.For any PT 92 to shoot like that at 10 yds. is very strange.If it is a brand new gun,send it back to Taurus.If it is a older one it could be a broken off sight or another malfunction.I would still send it back,theyll fix it.Mine is 13 yrs old and shoots 2" groups at 10 yds.with the original fixed sights from a standing 2 hand position.The difference from 115 gr to 124 gr for me is no more than 1 inch at 30 feet if that.Not even enough to be concerned about. vicspank

·
32,808 Posts
It can depend on how the gun was shot off the sandbag. Shooting barricade style might give you a better idea of the gun's potential if the sandbag rest was a problem and you might not be aware of it.

Where the gun rests on the bag or your hands while holding it might have been the problem. Happens even when we think we are doing everything right.

Retrying the shoot might be in order using the bags again or the barricade

www.e-gunparts.com might be able to help with a different blade.

One other source and you can talk one on one here. www.gun-parts.com.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts