Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a chance to buy a PT 92 C. Does anyone know for sure the differences between the 92 C and the 92?
I know the grip is shorter so flush magazines are 12 round I think.
Is the barrel shorter as well?

I like my PT 99 for carry but would like a compact version of it for carry as well.

Thanks in advance for the assistance.
My 2 Cents

·
Premium Member
6,074 Posts
You used to be able to get the data sheets from all the old Taurus guns from their web site. Unfortunately when they redesigned it a few months ago they dropped all that good old information...pictures, manuals, data sheets, etc. I've seen my share of software developers and web developers who don't see the value of anything over a year old.

·
Super Moderator
38,665 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for the replies and information thus far. Very helpful.
I suppose my next question is; does anyone actually have both a 92 and a 92 C? Just for comparison purposes.
Based on the replies so far, I may try to buy the 92 C.

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
Do not have a PT92 but the gun in my avatar is a PT92C. Yes the barrel and slide are shorter as is the grip. A 15 round mag extends out of the bottom of the C by about 1/2". I know because I have one in mine right now. I love mine and it won't be going anywhere soon. Unless it's with me to the range.

·
Registered
77 Posts
They're excellent shooters. Mine loves 124 gr HPs over HS-6 powder, shooting them to POA at 25 yards. Velocity averaged 1086 fps. I got my 124 grain HP bullets from Rocky Mountain Reloading, their bulk prices are very good.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It went for $310. It was blue. A previous owner had engraved or scratched their name in large letters on the underside of it which always drops the value. I made a bid a couple of days before and checked it 18 minutes before close and I was the only bidder. Someone bid in the last few minutes, and I happened to be driving across town at the time. My bad. lol. IMO, that's about right for the condition of the piece. I will find another one.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I have both. Stainless 92, which is 2 years new and a blued 92C. Both are excellent. The 92C is very difficult to find magazines for....at least the OEM style 12 round mags. I lucked out and found a few for a reasonable price some years back. I believe I bought mine in 2015 for $299 with two magazines and a case. It looked like it was never fired. It's a keeper.

·
Registered
77 Posts
It went for $310. It was blue. A previous owner had engraved or scratched their name in large letters on the underside of it which always drops the value. I made a bid a couple of days before and checked it 18 minutes before close and I was the only bidder. Someone bid in the last few minutes, and I happened to be driving across town at the time. My bad. lol. IMO, that's about right for the condition of the piece. I will find another one.
That was a good price. I snagged mine a few weeks ago in a LGS for $300 OTD with a little haggling. I do a lot of business at this shop so they're always open to haggling.

·
Registered
77 Posts
One thing I've found with my 92C is it doesn't like cast bullets at all, spraying them all over the target. Poly coated shoot great. It totally LOVES The Everglades Ammo 124 grain JHP over 6.1 grains HS-6 powder.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
I have a question about the grips on PT 92 Compact. Do any of you guys have aftermarket grips on your 92C, and if so where did you find them?
I read where the Beretta 92C grips are not the same but would like to hear from you 92C owners.
Thanks.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Grips PT 92C, PT 58.
Well, I've been looking on Ebay and some Taurus grip web sites and they are advertising PT 58 and PT92C grips as the same grip. Exceptions are decocker vs safety, as usual. So, that helps some and I'm hoping one of you guys can confirm. Thanks again.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Grips PT 92C, PT 58.
Well, I've been looking on Ebay and some Taurus grip web sites and they are advertising PT 58 and PT92C grips as the same grip. Exceptions are decocker vs safety, as usual. So, that helps some and I'm hoping one of you guys can confirm. Thanks again.
I ordered grips directly from Taurus' web site. It said they fit the 58 and 92C. Long story short, they didn't fit my 92C and were sent back. Their grips are made for a safety slide/frame, not a decocker.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I ordered grips directly from Taurus' web site. It said they fit the 58 and 92C. Long story short, they didn't fit my 92C and were sent back. Their grips are made for a safety slide/frame, not a decocker.
Interesting. Were the holes and shape of the grip correct? Stating the obvious, the grips were not routed out for the travel of the decocking mechanism.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts