Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a PT 92 AFS.Does anyone know what AFS stands for?

·
Banned
3,798 Posts
S stands for stainless I think the F is left over from Beretta, I want to say that Taurs has A and B model pistols. But I could be wrong.

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
I believe AFS is Alloy Frame Stainless (the slide being stainless).

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
bingo leejack!

I have one and absolutely love shooting it.

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
bingo leejack!

I have one and absolutely love shooting it.
I heard a rumor that they are great shooters. I think MilPro started it. :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
The FS has an enlarged hammer pin that fits into a groove on the underside of the slide. The main purpose is to stop the slide from flying off the frame to the rear if it cracks. This was in response to reported defective slides during U.S. Military testing.Beretta modified the model 92SB slightly to create the 92SB-F (the "F" added to denote entry of the model in U.S. Government federal testing) and, later, the 92G for French Government testing, by making the following changes:Design of all the parts to make them 100% interchangeable to simplify maintenance for large government organizations.Modified the front of the trigger guard so that one could use finger support for easier aiming.Recurved the forward base of the grip to aid aiming.Hard chromed the barrel bore to protect it from corrosion and to reduce wear.New surface coating on the slide called Bruniton, which allegedly provides better corrosion resistance than the previous plain blued finish. Accessory Rail on bottom of frame by trigger guard.

Wikipedia or Beretta history.com has more on this, but I couldn't find anything specifically for the PT92 hope it helps

·
Registered
29,846 Posts
African Fast Shooter...O0...one level above "Gang Banger" status.

...and I mean that with all due respect. :cool:

·
Registered
518 Posts
I thought it was "Aiming For Slime"! :cool:

·
Administrator
17,592 Posts
Well, my Blued 1992 vintage PT92 says PT92AFS on the Frame, so Stainless is out!

PT92's made prior to mine were simply the PT92AF, and mine was made in the second year of the Decocker Safety versions, hence I believe that the AFS stands for Alloy Frame Safety.

If not, the World may never know! ;)

·
Registered
450 Posts
have a problem with my tp 92 stainless, it uses too many bullets, 17 round mag is sweet, truly one of the best shooters ive ever shot, love the gun.

·
Registered
236 Posts
PT92 is the best gun Taurus makes. I wish they made a 45acp version. I have the OSS45 but an all metal double stack 45 with a 5+" barrel would be sweet!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts