Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new and confused. I see some of the stainless 92s with a matte finish but on the Taurus website they appear to be polished. Can you get them both ways or were there certain years that they were one way or the other.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
36,963 Posts
I believe the bright stainless PT92 is the only one presently being manufactured out of the two finishes that you mentioned.

I personally prefer the matte stainless (combat) finish.

Firearm Gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory

Reactions: jwc007

·
Registered
12,877 Posts
The polished stainless guns are usually referred around here as "Pimp guns" and on the Taurus models they normally come with gold colored controls and pearl grips. Unless of course you are a Texan, then you might refer to them as "BBQ guns".

·
Banned
3,798 Posts
The polished stainless guns are usually referred around here as "Pimp guns" and on the Taurus models they normally come with gold colored controls and pearl grips. Unless of course you are a Texan, then you might refer to them as "BBQ guns".
Gonna have to disagree with that the gold and pearl ones were a special edition and are no longer being made.

·
Registered
388 Posts
MilProGuy:

I just ordered a PT-92 with the matte stainless finish - will pick it up tomorrow. Can I ask where those nice looking wood grips came from?

Thanks!

·
Registered
21,536 Posts
I think the "combat finished" guns (like MilPro's) just show up from time to time. The shiny stainless version is being made all the time.

The Taurus website is not always an accurate source with regards to what's currently in production.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.