Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, I just picked up this pt92 and was wondering if there were another set of grips you guys would recommend. These wooden grips are nice but I was considering rubber ones. BYW: it’s a 1993 model. Thanks
Air gun Trigger Line Gun barrel Wood

·
Administrator
18,419 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase of a PT92 and may it serve you well! :cool::D

On my PT92, I have the polymer Pachmayr Finger Groove Grips and highly recommend them.

Favorite 9mm Pistols: RIA MAP1 FS, Taurus PT92, Taurus 24/7 Pro

·
Registered
24,947 Posts
Congrats on your new slide gun.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I ordered these Hogue rubber grips
for my PT99 in 2013 from MidwayUSA. Product #: 794818. Probably won't help you much though since it was so long ago but maybe they're still selling them. My PT99 is a pre Taurususa.com model & has the mag release button at the bottom rear of the grip so I had to do some modifying of the grips to make them work but now they feel a lot better to me than the wood ones that came with it.

·
Super Moderator
38,036 Posts
I have the hogue stocks but it currently wears the hardwood product from Thailand via eBay.

Reactions: MARINEDIVISIONTWO

·
Registered
37,073 Posts
I put a set of pachs on mine back in 1987 when i bought her after i spilled paint on the gun, the solid black grips make it easier to find the weapon.
they do make the grip a bit fatter just a heads up!
Air gun Trigger Revolver Gun barrel Wood
Automotive tire Tire Bicycle part Rim Bumper

·
Registered
8,903 Posts
Congrats on your new to you pistol.

·
Registered
729 Posts
I installed the Pachmayr grip also. Feels so much better than the hard plastic factory grips that mine came with.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Really good looking PT92. Congrats. My stainless PT92 has these black grips. You can probably find a set on EBay if you like something factory. Similar grips on that PT945 in the pic. These are probably the ones Tracker627 does not like.

·
Registered
17,592 Posts
Another option, my PT100 .40 cal, with laser and aluminum grips:

Photograph Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory

·
Registered
66 Posts
I switched to these checkered grips from the original smooth rosewood. Got them off eBay and see somebody is selling a pair now.

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Wood Gun accessory

1 - 17 of 17 Posts