Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1988 vintage PT 92 AF that I purchased back when I enlisted in the Army. For a multitude of reasons it has just sat in the gun safe for well over 15 years. I recently decided to change that. I’ve got some parts coming from Taurus (great customer service by the way) and I should be back in business shortly.

I have a Bianchi M12 holster for it. But that’s not really what I want to be using at all today. I’d like to get a formed Kydex OWB holster for it.

The company that I have ordered Kydex holsters from in the past doesn’t have a form for my PT 92. Can anyone here direct me to a supplier that can build me a custom Kydex holster for the PT 92 AF (non railed)?

I did read thru dozens of posts after using the Search feature here and I while I have seen people mention having formed Kydex holsters for their PT 92, I didn’t get any good leads on where they actually came from.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

·
Super Moderator
37,570 Posts
Welcome from Northern Illinois! Are you looking for IWB or OWB?

·
Super Moderator
37,570 Posts

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Take a look at MDJ holsters. They make a Leather backed hybrid kydex for most any gun....they are economical ~ $38, and wear very good. I have 4!
Their website is down for maintenance at the moment....but try them again in a couple days. I bought 2 last year, and 2 this past year.
These are excellent holster for full size guns...

·
Registered
1,478 Posts

·
Super Moderator
37,570 Posts
I'm glad you posted this link. I found a holster there I'm going to buy. Thanks
I like their product a lot. Remember also that there's a lifetime free replacement of the Kydex shell should you decide to change out carry guns.

Reactions: DDDWho

·
Registered
8,611 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Northern Oklahoma.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks everyone for your input.

I just wanted to update everyone on the direction that I went. I did some digging around and contacted several holster manufacturers. One vendor responded to my inquiry almost immediately and told me they believed they had a form for my PT 92 AF and that when his production supervisor was back the next day he would verify. The next day came and the response was to order a holster for the Beretta 92 FS. This was the fastest and most confident response that I received on my search so I placed an order with them.

My holster arrived today and I am very pleased with the outcome. My PT 92 AF fits perfectly into this Beretta 92 FS holster. Great holster and great service. So, if you're looking for a custom Kydex holster for your older 92 AF, reach out to Bare Arms Holsters. Their 92 FS form is a perfect match.

https://barearmsholsters.com/

·
Super Moderator
37,570 Posts
It's always good to hear about great service!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Thanks everyone for your input.

I just wanted to update everyone on the direction that I went. I did some digging around and contacted several holster manufacturers. One vendor responded to my inquiry almost immediately and told me they believed they had a form for my PT 92 AF and that when his production supervisor was back the next day he would verify. The next day came and the response was to order a holster for the Beretta 92 FS. This was the fastest and most confident response that I received on my search so I placed an order with them.

My holster arrived today and I am very pleased with the outcome. My PT 92 AF fits perfectly into this Beretta 92 FS holster. Great holster and great service. So, if you're looking for a custom Kydex holster for your older 92 AF, reach out to Bare Arms Holsters. Their 92 FS form is a perfect match.

https://barearmsholsters.com/
I've been searching for a full kydex OWB holster for my PT92 and I came across this thread in my search. Does your holster have a high back so the gun doesn't rub against your side? Like this one in the pic? That's what I'm looking for

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
155 Posts
Welcome from N.E. Oklahoma. This is a great group of people.
FWIW: I bought a Kydex shell from Alien Gear, PT92/99, and made my own leather back with belt slots and a medium high sweat shield. It's not as pretty as I would like, but it fits me better than any holster I have found for less than $150. I used heavy duty 1/4" leather.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts