Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there an extended magazine release button available for these Taurus models? I have large thumbs and some arthritis, and have difficulty with the standard mag release. I would like to be able to drop a magazine without significantly changing my grip.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Im really curious about this as well. Does anyone know if the Baretta mag release button is compatible, and if it's any longer than the PT92's?

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
i dont know of anyone making them but thats not to say they dont exist, there seems to be very few aftermarket parts for taurus guns.. i suppose partly because taurus is'nt seen as a classic or collectible gun maker.. and partly because taurus has a waranty that recovers broken parts..

i had seen a kit to extend mag releases though.. it was generic and iirc had a small screw and a plate.. basicly you drilled into your mag release and tapped it for the screw.. then attached the plate with teh screw..

i would imagine such a setup would work and could probably be fashioned your self with some scrap aluminum or something.

and no the beretta mag release is not compatible.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts