Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK, I still have a hankering to do a two tone conversion on either my pt917 or pt911 pistol. What I would like to change out is to take two like pistols one in stainless and one in black. Then swap from one to the other the trigger, hammer, decocker/safety, slide release, magazine release, slide, ejector and so on to, giving me an end result of two different reversed duo-tone or mirror image pitols.

I can find parts schematics, but what I need is a video showing how to remove these parts and all the associated springs, screw and whatnot and them get it all back together and in working order. I don't want to be that gun, where after he is done is still looking at a small pile of springs, screws and pins...wondering to himself...hmmm did I miss something?

Not sure if I posted this in the correct section. It was between the PT series or Smithing section. But, being more directly aimed at the PT series pistol here it lies...or at least until a Mod chooses to change my "Better Judgement or Lack of Better Judgement" call....which is fine, I appreciate the fine job the Mods do here.

I appreciate any assistance or help someone maybe able to offer up,

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
I like how you think. I don't know how far Ovilla is from Ft Worth, but I have a video camera and we could get to gether and do 'dumb n dumber' play with guns. I'm 'converting' my 917 also, but just the slide work so far. I'd like that same 'look' with a couple of 1911s also. Not the 'pimp' look, just the contrasting dou tone.

·
Registered
13,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
At one point....somewhere, I had watched a video on the net where someone did a complete take down of a PT92. And I mean complete strip of everything. I figure that if I could find that video again I would give me the information that I need to tear down these other models.

Ovilla is just north of Waxahachie, kind of kattie-wompus Midlothian. It is about a 25 minute drive to the Ft Worth/Arlington line on I-20 or Hooters in Arlington off of I-20

·
Banned
5,006 Posts
OK, I still have a hankering to do a two tone conversion on either my pt917 or pt911 pistol. What I would like to change out is to take two like pistols one in stainless and one in black. Then swap from one to the other the trigger, hammer, decocker/safety, slide release, magazine release, slide, ejector and so on to, giving me an end result of two different reversed duo-tone or mirror image pitols.

snip
Anybody here get a mental image of a John Woo - Batmanesque "Two-Face" type villain? One guy with two halves - in the left paw he could have the 92 with the polished slide on black frame, in the right paw he could have the 92 with the black slide on polished frame. He could "flip a coin" to see which pistol gets a chance to waste the victim...

Anyway, just an errant thought on a lazy Sunday evening.:D

·
Registered
13,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Could I be a two-faced Hero instead of the villian....just seems a little more nice my way.....LOL!!! When my kids were growing up, I was always the villian...Now, as a GrandPA, I seem to be more of a HERO!!!!

I did make a on line purchase last night. It is a blue/black PT-100 NIB for $369.99. I think the price was pretty fair. Pick it up this afternoon. I do already have a PT-100 in stainless, so after picking this up....if I can find a good video or set of directions with photos I could start swapping out parts.

Then not only will I have a mirror image pair of PT-100 pistols, but one of them will match my Duo-Tone PT-92

1 - 5 of 5 Posts