Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
PT-917sc Took me long enough..Photos added!!

Finally located and purchased a NIB PT-917 SC in stainless. Mercy these are Sweet little 9mm pistols, and the magazine capacity is fantastic...I can afford to miss my target but keep on a trying with all this thing holds. Really does look like a PT92/99/100/101 but just a hair smaller in size, but feels to be a tad wider.
I will never figure out why Taurus stopped production on the PT metal guns in the nine hundred series. Still need to find a PT-957 (.357 auto) and a PT-909. Don't think I will be going after the PT-38 Super..just not a round I think I want to add to the current mix.
Can't wait to try a few rounds down the pipe once it drys out around here. Now there is something I wasn't sure I would ever be saying here in Texas this soon after last years drought....lol !!!!

Click the pic to watch em grow!!

P2180002.jpg P2180004.jpg

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
I will never figure out why Taurus stopped production on the PT metal guns in the nine hundred series.
Me too. I have 3 and want at least 3 more. Good luck on finding a PT957.

Congratulations on your new firearm.

·
Registered
13,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is a dealer on Gunbroker who has the PT911 in black right now, NEW IN BOX for $337 with two magazines and $10 shipping....That is a steal !!!!!!!

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Yeah. I bought a stainless one from them last month for $379.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
OH be still my heart... I have been searching all my regular pawn shops for the last year and NEVER seen one of these..YET!!!
Congrats and happy shooting to you!!

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Congrats on the 917! I wish Taurus would have put the front strap finger grooves on th 92 also. I've been looking for the Hi Viz front sight for mine, but no luck. If you're considering changing the sights, I think the Beretta Brigadier model sights will fit, if you can find those.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Love mine, glad you could find one, they are a great little pistol. I can't for the life of me figure out why Taurus would discontinue this frame.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts