Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was at the range yesterday and shot the first mag empty with no problem. Put the second mag in fired 1 shot and the slide stuck open. It didn't go back far enough to eject the spent shell. I took the mag out the spent shell came out with the mag. I tried to cycle the slide to no avail. I found the biggest guy at the range and he couldn't get it to budge. I finally went home and gave the slide 4 or 5 raps with a rubber mallet and the slide came free. Do you think the spring was binding. Has anyone else had this problem? I'm kind of afraid to shoot it again. It was new in December and I have about 300 rounds through it. I stripped it and cleaned it. You can cycle it by hand all day long. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just thought I'd let you all know. I put 130 rounds through it yesterday. Except for 2 did not fires, it shot just fine. Shot sub 2" groups at 15 yards with no problem.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Whew, sounds like it may have been a close one there. I've the pt845 and only have 100 rds thru it. just had it a week and no probs yet but still looking at all the possible things just in case. good luck and good shooting

1 - 3 of 3 Posts