Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been looking at the specs on this gun and like what I see - of course these days it is hard to find a gun in a gun shop or anywhere else so I thought I would ask a few questions here...

I currently own a S&W Sigma 40 and I have two major issues with it - one the trigger pull (DAO) is an unbelievable 15 pounds! I believe the specs on the 840 are around 5 pounds for SA is that correct? The other issue is that the brass comes out "bulged", "belled" or as some people call it "Glocked". I reload my brass and while the dies will straighten this out it does not make me very happy. So the question.. does the 840 have a "fully supported chamber" or can I expect to see bulged brass from this gun as well? Oh and before you ask - the bulged brass is from brand new factory loads of Remington, Winchester, Blazer and Fiocchi in 165gr and 180gr.

Last questions involve "what's in the box". The Taurus website gives no clue as to what is included with the gun. Mags? Case? Anything else in the box? Anything else I should know about the gun good or bad?

Looking forward to actually holding one of these in my hands!

Thanks for your comments!

·
Premium Member
16,973 Posts
Yellow Facial expression Emoticon Text Smile
Welcome from the Rust Belt USA....

Usually the pistol will come with (2) mags, bore brush, loader, and a carrying case although some have reported only (1) mag and a cardboard box.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Most of the 800 series weapons come with the hard case, 2 mags, bore brush, and loader. But there are some that are packaged in a cardboard box and only one magazine for a little less money.
As far as the bulged brass, I cant speak for the 840 but my 809 brass comes out straight as an arrow.
The 800 series are very nice weapons and I love mine.

·
Registered
62 Posts
The brass from my 840 comes out fine. No issues at all. Mine came with a case, 2 mags, bore brush, speed loader and manual. Just remember to clean it before you fire it and you'll have a great time with this pistol.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Its 2 mags, brush, speed loader, 2 extra back straps (large & small) & a hard case. Mines basically new & is riddled with problems (no bulging brass) but I think I just got a bad one, Its in Miami getting looked at (see Taurus problem thread). Id still buy it if i could do it over. Its the most comfortable gun Ive ever held, its packed with features that are comparable to HK USP's & 15+1 capacity is as good as it gets. I just hope the factory gets mine straightened out.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Check the model number closely - if it has "FS" after the 840, it will be one mag, cardboard box. That being said, I'm not sure if any 800 series are sold as "FS"; I know my 709 was an FS, and it was 1 mag, cardboard box.

My 809 came in plastic box, 2 mags, loader, backstraps, brush. And I haven't had any problems with it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.