Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I may find a spring assembly to try and reduce some recoil on the PT840. I don't mind it, and I shoot pretty well with it. I would just like to know if there a way reduce some recoil from it. As well as trigger mods, and extra 15rd mags. Thank you.

·
Registered
36,669 Posts
Does anyone know where I may find a spring assembly to try and reduce some recoil on the PT840. I don't mind it, and I shoot pretty well with it. I would just like to know if there a way reduce some recoil from it. As well as trigger mods, and extra 15rd mags. Thank you.
To my knowledge only Taurus has spring assmeblies for the weapon and they only come in a set weight, so its change calibers, change projectile weights, ammunition power, or get a heavier gun.
personally i would check out a few different weight ammunitions, again depending on the caliber.
same with maagzines! Taurus is the only game in town best that i know.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I did some research and didn't come up with much, just thought id get a second opinion. Appreciate it.

·
Registered
36,669 Posts
Yeah I did some research and didn't come up with much, just thought id get a second opinion. Appreciate it.
Yea the 40 S & W can be a bit "SNAPPY" in recoil.
IF i remember corectly (I don't do 40 cal) the projectile weights run from 135 grain to 200 grain ad so experiemnt with a few different weight projectiles and see if you can't find something more comfortable.
The 40 is already a high pressure round so no plus P ammo so most are pretty stout in the standard pressures.
In my carry gun (Beretta PX4 SC) I chose to go with the 9MM for faster/better followup shots as opposed to the 40 for that very reason.
Wish you luck with it!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can handle the recoil. That's not an issue. I shoot fine with it. I was just wondering if anyone knew of any mods to lessen the recoil and also some trigger mods.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Yea the 40 S & W can be a bit "SNAPPY" in recoil.
IF i remember corectly (I don't do 40 cal) the projectile weights run from 135 grain to 200 grain ad so experiemnt with a few different weight projectiles and see if you can't find something more comfortable.
The 40 is already a high pressure round so no plus P ammo so most are pretty stout in the standard pressures.
In my carry gun (Beretta PX4 SC) I chose to go with the 9MM for faster/better followup shots as opposed to the 40 for that very reason.
Wish you luck with it!
I usually shoot 165 or 180 at the range, and yes .40 is definitely a bit snappy lol. I had my 840 at the range and decided to rent their XD9 just to give it a try, and I was blown away at how much more controllable 9mm can be. It usually takes me a mag or 2 to get in the feel of shooting my 840, but with the XD9 I was shooting 6 inch groups on the first mag, and I said "wow I gotta get me one of these". I recently found 63 gr hollow points in .40 for personal defence, but I haven't tried any at the range yet due to the price(20 rd box cost me 25 bucks).

Sent from my Bosch ECU via VAG COM

·
Registered
12 Posts
I picked up another magazine from Midway for a reasonable price. I setup a notification via their site and bought when it posted.

·
Registered
12 Posts
To my knowledge only Taurus has spring assmeblies for the weapon and they only come in a set weight, so its change calibers, change projectile weights, ammunition power, or get a heavier gun.
personally i would check out a few different weight ammunitions, again depending on the caliber.
same with maagzines! Taurus is the only game in town best that i know.
So can you fit a PT845 spring in the PT840? I wonder if there is even a difference.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts