Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, quick and dirty intro with some vids. I hope to be an active member here. I grew up on a ranch surrounded by guns but I never shot any of them. I was out chasing skirts and riding motorcycles most of my at home years. Only gun I have ever shot was a bolt action single shot 22 about 17 years ago and I had to do that to kill a **** that was trying to eat pig food and baby pigs (no one else was home so I grabbed a gun). Anyway with dip $hit in office again and the knee jerk reaction to sandy hook I decided to start buying before the crazies get their way and I did not even have the option. First gun I got is an 809. Second on the list is a Mossberg 590A1 and third is a 10/22. I figured the HI Cap handguns would be in the most danger so I started with that. Anyway I had never shot a pistol before so I just wanted to show the difference between the first shots of the day to the last shots of the day (100 rds) with a host of other guns in between. One gripe I have right now. Cant get ammo (Checked todayt: Bi-Mart, Walmart, Big-R, Big-5, Dicks, Freddys). Too many ammo panic buyers out there.... :mad:

First rounds fired. I am so tensed up I had muscles hurting after that.

In between I shot: 40cal Baretta px4 storm, SKS, auto shotgun, break shotgun, 30-06, M&P .45 (alot of firsts last week to say the least)

Now if I could find any 9mm I would work on my form and accuracy a little bit.....

·
Super Moderator
40,638 Posts
from the Florida Keys! :wave:

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Welcome from Dallas, TX!
Fellow 809 owner here - you picked a great one to start with!

·
Premium Member
10,104 Posts
Hello and welcome aboard the best forum on the net, from Wilmington, North Carolina!

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
Welcome from South Tulsa.

·
Registered
29,957 Posts
Welcome aboard from Florida the "GunShine" state. :icon_ lala:

State of 1 Million Concealed Carry Licenses and counting!

·
Administrator
40,276 Posts
Welcome from West Texas! :wave:

·
Registered
558 Posts
Yeah, me too!

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
1 Smiley Hello.gif Welcome from the Rust Belt USA....

1 - 20 of 48 Posts