Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone out there carry or have the pt 745ss. I carry with a sob in the cooler temps, hot temps carry the 85ssul.

·
Registered
876 Posts
I bought a 745 ss in March, and carried it til the end of April. Just got it back from Taurus Tuesday.

Carrying today IWB @97 degrees (according to weatherbug)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have had no problems with mine. Have about 400 rounds thru it. What kind of a problem did you have? ???

·
Registered
876 Posts
My magazines were dropping when I racked the slide. They adjusted the magazine release somethingorother...I can't find the repair record right now.

Since I got it back, I've put about 25 rounds through it (Rem JHP and Gold Dot). No mag probs, no FTF, no FTE.

I've worn IWB practically every day. No one's noticed.
Comfort wise, the adjusting the holster even 1/2 inch one way or another seems to make a big difference.

No probs with sweating.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I've had some issues with my 745 also. When I first got it, one magazine would feed anything I put in it, the other didn't feed worth a hoot. I sent the bad mag back to Taurus and they sent me a new one. That one now feeds great also. After about 300 rounds though, I'm having a problem with my slide catch. It actually slips out of the notch in the slide. In other words, looking at the rear of the gun, the slide catch moves over far enough to the left to come out of the notch. I can't figure out what is causing it and I not having much luck getting anyone to respond to my queries here on the forum. I guess no one else has the problem. The only thing I can see that looks strange is the slide catch spring. It looks bent to me. When I remove the slide and look down at it, it appears to be bent towards the inside of the frame and I think it should be straight. What does yours look like?

I really like this little gun. It feeds ball ammo great and is surprisingly accurate for a sub-compact pistol. I need to get it fixed, but I hate spending $50 bucks to send it back to Taurus overnight.

·
Registered
876 Posts
The spring angles in-board at the end closest to the slide catch. It looks to me that it was made that way.

As far as shipping, I went back to the store that I bought it from. I packed it and they shipped it UPS ground. It cost me less than $12.00. (Gotta like non-franchise mom & pop dealers.)

I'm gonna take it for a drive tomorrow and put some cheaper ball ammo through it. I'll post if I have probs..

·
Registered
98 Posts
Thanks tman from rman! I think I will check with my dealer. I bought it new from a local pawn shop. They do my transfers cheap for me when I buy a gun from the online auctions. ;D

·
Registered
98 Posts
Took it back to the pawn shop where I bought it and they are going to send it back to Taurus for me. Man that's great - I sure didn't want to spend $50 shipping to get it back to them. ;D

·
Registered
876 Posts
Glad I could help. I'm sure I got that same advice on this forum, too

1 - 9 of 9 Posts