Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, brand new to the forum. Bought a PT 745 PRO and have some issues. When I first fired the weapon the mags were popping loose. I called Taurus and sent the gun back to them. Got the gun back about 3 weeks later and took it out to the range again. This time I had brass case and steel case 230 grain ammo. Had a few FTEs with the brass which I think I've narrowed down to one of the magazines. Also, this gun would not feed the steel cased ammo at all. I also had a Glock 30s with me which fed everything I gave it. Do Taurus guns like to run wet like Sigs? What should I do with the one magazine with the problem, send it back? Thanks in advance. Also, I tried the search function for the PT 745 PRO on this forum and haven't had any luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, wasn't sure. I see you have one of these, how many rounds do you have thru it? I like the feel of this gun and want to carry it but I need to know I can depend on it.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Welcome from the Northwoods of MN.

I would contact Taurus and see if they will repair or replace the one mag, if you can pin it down to being a problem with only one of them.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I probably have around 200 rounds through it now. It' been a great pistol but I wanted something a little thinner so I picked up a PT-740 as a replacement for conceal carry.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts