Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought one of these a couple of months ago. With one of the original magazines the gun functioned 100%. With the other, it was more like 25%. I sent it back to Taurus and in a couple of weeks I received a new one. This one also functions 100%. I really like this little thing. In spite of its size and trigger, it shoots really well. My last trip to the range was a problem though. The slide didn't lock back on the last round, but it didn't go completely forward either. The thing is all jammed up and I couldn't get the magazine out, or the slide to move forward or back. I haven't had time to really examine it yet to see what might have broken or come loose. Has anyone had a similar problem with their Millenium Pro?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Guess I'll answer my own question. The slide lock somehow is moving over far enough to let the slide past it. The slide lock ends up still in the up position, but on the outside of the slide instead of the notch. Guess it's going to have to go back to Taurus.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Sorry for the late reply! I have had one for about 6 months but only have about 400 rounds through it. The only problem I've had is several jams in the first 150 rounds. After that I've had no mechanical problems.

Shoots low and left but I think that's my fault jerking the trigger. It's my first big bore and I'm new to guns. My aim is slowly getting better.

Good luck on getting it fixed! I love mine.

·
Administrator
39,915 Posts
For what its worth, most folks shooting low and left is caused by to much finger on the trigger. Try moving the trigger toward your finger tip. ;)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
rman said:
I bought one of these a couple of months ago. With one of the original magazines the gun functioned 100%. With the other, it was more like 25%. I sent it back to Taurus and in a couple of weeks I received a new one. This one also functions 100%. I really like this little thing. In spite of its size and trigger, it shoots really well. My last trip to the range was a problem though. The slide didn't lock back on the last round, but it didn't go completely forward either. The thing is all jammed up and I couldn't get the magazine out, or the slide to move forward or back. I haven't had time to really examine it yet to see what might have broken or come loose. Has anyone had a similar problem with their Millenium Pro?

(Later) Guess I'll answer my own question. The slide lock somehow is moving over far enough to let the slide past it. The slide lock ends up still in the up position, but on the outside of the slide instead of the notch. Guess it's going to have to go back to Taurus.
I took this gun back to the dealer I bought it from on 8/7/07 and they sent it back to the factory the next day. I called the dealer last week to check on its status. He said that Taurus received the gun in the service department on 8/17/07. They said it would probably take 6 to 7 weeks. This Friday will be 6 weeks. I'm getting pretty tired of waiting. I just hope it works when I get it back.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
rman said:
I took this gun back to the dealer I bought it from on 8/7/07 and they sent it back to the factory the next day. I called the dealer last week to check on its status. He said that Taurus received the gun in the service department on 8/17/07. They said it would probably take 6 to 7 weeks. This Friday will be 6 weeks. I'm getting pretty tired of waiting. I just hope it works when I get it back.
Seven weeks and 2 days and still waiting. I'm starting to get pretty impatient. Has anyone else sent one in during the last couple of months? I'd like to get some idea when I can really expect to get it back.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My Taurus is home! The dealer sent it in on August 7th, Taurus logged it into the service queue August 17th and the dealer received it on October 10th. That's 9 weeks and a day - mercy!

All that was wrong with it was a bad slide release spring. They replaced it and test fired the gun. Hopefully I can make it to the range tonight to try it out.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Somehow this post slipped past me, sorry... It was your slide release lever that was the problem and we recently covered this same problem on a PT145, along with possible cures other then sending it into Taurus.

http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/index.php?topic=2849.0

yes this was our "tit" thread....

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Took the 745 to the range for a quick 50 rounds Friday night. All was well! I just don't think things were right when I bought it. It has a whole different feel to it...hard to explain. Now when I release the slide on a full magazine in makes a nice solid, satisfying clunk. Before I sent it in, occasionally when it fired it felt like the slide was in slow motion. Again, hard to explain. As it started to do this with more frequency, it locked up and that was all she wrote! Anyway, things are much better. I'm anxious to get some more rounds thru it so I can be confident enough to carry it daily. I really like it....it's about the limit for me to carry comfortably in an IWB holster.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Qwiks draw said:
Give us a test report.We want juicy range details. :)
All is well with the world now. I've put 500 more rounds thru it, both wwb and blazer brass. No malfunctions with either magazine. My old eyes don't allow for a good test of accuracy past 10 yards. (When I focus on the front sight, the target all but disappears!) At 7 yards it shoots ragged one-hole groups. At 10 yards it still groups well enough to eat the center out of a timed and rapid fire target. I don't find it unpleasant to shoot. I've put 200 rounds thru it in one trip to the range. Recoil is more robust than my other .45s, but they are a heck of a lot bigger! Two Ruger KP345s, Taurus PT1911, Para Ordnance Black Watch Companion, Springfield Compact. This little gun has become my most-used CCW. I carry it in a High Noon Bare Asset IWB holster, either tucked or untucked. On my small frame, that's about the most fire power I can conceal confortably.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts