Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it my gun, or does this thing not work? I can put my fingernails on the very edge of the actual trigger and make this gun fire. Is it strictly a "drop the gun" safety? Just got it back for other issues from Taurus including the manual safety failing and now find out that this doesn't work!

Is it because it's metal working in plastic or am I missing something here?

BTW, NIB gun. Couldn't get through the range w/o FTEs and jams etc. Did I just get a lemon? I want to like it!

· Registered
8,812 Posts
Yeah, it's supposed to work - you should not be able to fire unless middle trigger is depressed. Send that puppy home. I appreciate and understand your frustration, but hang in there and hopefully all will work out.

· Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, it's supposed to work - you should not be able to fire unless middle trigger is depressed. Send that puppy home. I appreciate and understand your frustration, but hang in there and hopefully all will work out.
I think that the entire trigger assembly is plastic.? If that is the case, it would not take much "excessive pull" to break something. I know it doesn't from experience. If it's a Lego trigger then I think it shouldn't be there. With as much trigger "take up" before actual firing it really doesn't do anything does it?

· Registered
281 Posts
To me it is not much of a safety. About the only way to pull it back is with a finger on the trigger and if that is the case it over rides the safety. It never did make sense to me as a safety. As long as the proper safety works when you want it to then to me is is a non issue. If it ever has to go in for anything, then have them fix it. I wouldn't send it in for that.

· Registered
9,222 Posts
I've never been a fan of trigger safeties in general, which is one of the few reasons I don't own a Glock. As not to detract from the trigger pull, that safety tends to be 'light' to disengage. In which case, accidental discharges are prone to happening more frequently.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.