Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys! I just found this blog and man am I excited!

I recently purchased the Taurus pt709 slim (not the G2.) So far, the only accessory i have purchased is clip extension from Pearce Grips. I was curious if anyone has any advice on additions to my slim...
1) Do they make any replacement/"after-market" top sights for the 709 (or any other pistol that would fit the 709)?
2) Lasers- the only ones I've found are the Crimson Trace and the Laserlyte Top-Rear Laser....any others?
3) I know the 709 slim is a compact pistol made for concealed carry (thus not having an attachment rail) but is there any way possible to replicate one in order to have adds on such as lasers/lights?

if anyone has any other additional advice for any other accessories of any kind please let me know. This is a great 9mm for concealed carry; just the right size for me...just want to "spice it up" a bit. if that the proper term

Thanks!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Crimson trace makes a laser for it, if you search you will find..saw some sights a while back as well as some made at home, grips and holsters availables too

P.s. there is no g2 yet...

·
Registered
6,530 Posts
The PT709 Slim is a great gun designed for conceal carry. I love mine. There are different sights available for them and the laser you mentioned is also out there for purchase. Outside of that, there really isn't much more for them. Adding a rail and lights will make it bigger and not as easy to conceal, defeating it original design intent.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
The PT709 Slim is a great gun designed for conceal carry. I love mine. There are different sights available for them and the laser you mentioned is also out there for purchase. Outside of that, there really isn't much more for them. Adding a rail and lights will make it bigger and not as easy to conceal, defeating it original design intent.
True dat!
I save the accessorizing for my HD gun (809). The 709 is my "SHTF at 21 feet or less" piece. I like it just the way it is, with the addition of a Hogue grip. Night sights would be an addition I would make, but I like it for what it is, and what I carry it for.

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
Welcome to TA.

Pearce extension and Hogue grip your ready to go. Consider forgetting about the night sites and use that money toward the purchase of another gun. :)

·
Registered
783 Posts
Love mine, with Crimson Trace and Blade Tech ..... have added the Peace Grips since this pic :D

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
True dat!
I save the accessorizing for my HD gun (809). The 709 is my "SHTF at 21 feet or less" piece. I like it just the way it is, with the addition of a Hogue grip. Night sights would be an addition I would make, but I like it for what it is, and what I carry it for.
And yet, when we started shooting it we kept backing up and backing up and backing up but the holes still kept landing in a 6" diameter circle -- even out beyond 20 yards. Your not going to compete in a marksmanship competition, but it is pretty easy to land all rounds on a mansize target (at the range). Of course that was with a 740. They may be easier to shoot accurately than the 709 ;)

·
Registered
15,155 Posts

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
And yet, when we started shooting it we kept backing up and backing up and backing up but the holes still kept landing in a 6" diameter circle -- even out beyond 20 yards. Your not going to compete in a marksmanship competition, but it is pretty easy to land all rounds on a mansize target (at the range). Of course that was with a 740. They may be easier to shoot accurately than the 709 ;)
Oh, yeah, I do practice at longer distances, but I mainly concentrate on the self-defense range, for me about 10 yards. And you're right the 709 can punch the paper within the COM area out to 20 yards. I'm pretty confident that if necessary, I could draw blood at that range, but frankly if I have 20 yards between me and a BG, I'm looking for cover/concealment, or hauling arse out of there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts