Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a used pt 709 and when i took it to the range it looks like the extracor is we aring out. Does anyone know where i can get a new one? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
51 Posts
I know this may not be much help so I apologize in advance. I have heard of this problem and researched it/asked around before I bought my 709 and I have heard over and over TAURUS CUSTOMER SERVICE! They have a great warranty program and I haven't heard many bad things about them. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Just got a used pt 709 and when i took it to the range it looks like the extracor is we aring out. Does anyone know where i can get a new one? Thanks in advance
Call Taurus Customer Service for the part. Sorry I don't have my manual handy so I don't have the part # for you. If you replace it yourself (easy to do) there is a small pin behind the extractor pay attention to the way it comes out because it has a slight slant on one side. You know it may simply just need to be cleaned really good and GunScrubber does a really good job.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Call Taurus Customer Service for the part. Sorry I don't have my manual handy so I don't have the part # for you. If you replace it yourself (easy to do) there is a small pin behind the extractor pay attention to the way it comes out because it has a slight slant on one side. You know it may simply just need to be cleaned really good and GunScrubber does a really good job.
Taurus 709 Extractor part number is 1.09 if I'm reading my manual right.

·
Registered
6,530 Posts
You do have two options here and they both involve a call to customer service. You can buy the extractor from them and install it yourself, or send the gun in to them and they will replace it and send the gun back to you. If you send it to them, you will have to pay shipping to get it there and they will cover shipping back to you. Do take a good look at it and make sure a cleaning won't take care of it. If it is chipped up, it needs to be replaced. One reason for chipping on an extractor comes when a round is loaded in the chamber, by hand, with the slide locked back and allowing the slide to slam shut over that round. Then inserting a loaded magazine in the gun giving it 7+1 capacity. The design of the gun is such that the round needs to slide in under the extractor. You need to load from the magazine only.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts