Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 709 I bought used for $200 about two years ago. It fires and feeds, However the accuracy is no good because when it feeds it bends in the end of the bullet. If I only load five this does not happen. Also it likes to spit out the shells back at me sometimes. Any ideas?

·
Registered
36,332 Posts
have you tried a different magazine in the weapon?
sounds like the mag spring or mag lips are out of spec and as it feeds a full mag then the bullet is being pushed to one side/up or down into the feed ramp?

Reactions: loudviking

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Actually yeah I just tried my pro mag 8 round and it feed perfect no damage.

Edit: I don't know where to begin to fix the factory mag. I suppose I will just have to order another factory one or another pro mag.

·
Super Moderator
36,086 Posts
Search to find the specification of the mag lip separation to see if the bad mags have been spread out or otherwise damaged. I had some issues with surplus CZ 83 magazines similar to this.

Reactions: Qwiks draw and CWB

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Actually yeah I just tried my pro mag 8 round and it feed perfect no damage.

Edit: I don't know where to begin to fix the factory mag. I suppose I will just have to order another factory one or another pro mag.
Can you measure the pro mag and make your other mag match the measurments,

·
Registered
36,332 Posts
as for the spent cases heading back at our face and head welll--- a lot of things can cause that or change that, the ejector itself, the ammo being either to light or to heavy loaded, the grip on the weapon.
usually anything that changes the speed on the slide as it moves rearward will effect trajectory of the case.
even if the slide/frame is to dry can effect this.
the others have pretty much covered the mag issue as I see it so wish you luck.

Reactions: Qwiks draw

·
Registered
17,174 Posts
Search to find the specification of the mag lip separation to see if the bad mags have been spread out or otherwise damaged. I had some issues with surplus CZ 83 magazines similar to this.
I had issues several years ago when the mag lips were too tight and it tended to make the cartridge feed nose down when the mag was fully loaded.

·
Administrator
35,318 Posts
I'd also check the plastic feeder and make sure that it looks undamaged, you might be able to find a brand new mag still on the market, if you can it might be worth buying one and seeing if the problem goes away with the new mag.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts