Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Now isn't that very interesting? I have been waiting so long for Taurus to make the 9 mm titanium equivalent of the PT 745: a single stack 9 mm titanium Millennium Pro. Although this is not it, it is nonetheless interesting.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I read about the titanium a while ago, but no one had them and I couldn't locate one so I got impatient and just went and got a SS one. MAN I wish I would have waited though, the Titanium has a rail on it

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hey J ... nothing stopping 'ya from having one more ;). Does Taurus sell slide assembly's? Probably not since they're numbered ...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yeah, mine is the PT609 POLICE issue. It's exactly like the PT145 only fires 9mm's, and has a 13-round magazine capacity instead of 10. I'm very content with this piece.

By the way, does anybody know exactly what kind of 9mm ammuntion it can fire?
I was trying to fire a few jacketed flat-point rounds the other day and it failed to do it (those same rounds were later fired successfully from a Glock 19C). I was wondering whether I can fire hollow-point/hydrashock rounds from it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi I am considering buying the PT 609 9mm 12 shot. But cannot decide between the titanium vs steel version. Is it true that with titanium there are more FTFs? I have tried thinking of why this might be the case and cannot really think of anything.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
hghori1 said:
Hi I am considering buying the PT 609 9mm 12 shot. But cannot decide between the titanium vs steel version. Is it true that with titanium there are more FTFs? I have tried thinking of why this might be the case and cannot really think of anything.
If it is true (which I have no idea if it is or not) it could be from the reduced weight of the slide. If thier using the same spring weight in both the steel and Titanium versions, the titanium may not have enough momentum behind it to reliably chamber every time.

·
Registered
31 Posts
That is a sweet gun would it fit in a 111pro holster? My wife rolls her eyes everytime I buy a new holster. I may be able to pull off buying another gun if I don't have to buy anymore holsters. May cost me a dinner out at a nice restaraunt and maybe some flowers.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Rackir....that makes sense...will check about the spring weight specs.....btw have you tried firing hollow points with the 609 titanium? I am all the way across the world (Pakistan) and with the security situation here, i am considering the 609 at my primary concealed carry weapon....would want reliability with HPs as well as accuracy.....

yodayoda.....the 609 and 111 are almost same dimensions so i guess holsters should fit......

·
Registered
212 Posts
I compared a 609Ti with my PT140 side-by-side and the dimensions are identical. The 609Ti, however, is considerably lighter.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I saw a PT111Ti next to a PT609Ti at a local gun show. The 609 had an accessory rail and specific 13rd mags whereas the 111 lacks the (unneeded) rail and has 12rd mags that would fit my stainless steel 111 Mil Pro. Both had simple pins instead of the normal Mil Pro turn down disassembly latches. I assume this means you would need a pointy tool for take down. The slides looked very much the same and may only differ in their roll marks. The new barrels had mild wear grooves at the top of the ejection port. Supposedly the Titanium slides have inner steel ball bearing (non-moving) inserts to prevent wear between the Titanium slide and stainless steel barrel.

In the end I could not justify upgrading my SS PT111 Mil Pro (which I never found to be too heavy), but both Titanium pistols looked nice.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts