Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this gun today from a shop here in town. My budget allowed me to purchase a much more pricey gun. I had the Glock 17, M&P, XD and even a Beretta Storm in consideration. For some reason I kept coming back to the 24/7 pro. I ended up buying one. I like the way it sits in my hands and has an external safety. How much grief am I going to take each time I pull this thing out? Are the others that much better?

·
Registered
74 Posts
I've got the 24/7 Pro in .45acp. It fits my hand and I enjoy shooting it. No problems with mine at all.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Myself having an XD 45 Tac and a few Glocks, plus a Beretta too cometo think of it, I wouldn't sweat it at all. Taurus has become a very reputable company and I've been seriously thinking about getting a 24/7 in some configuration just because I really like all the features it has on it. Oh yeah, of all the handguns I've own over the last couple of decades, my first auto that I learned to shoot with was a Taurus PT-99..that my brother still has.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I have many, many Taurus pistols and I get the snoobery every time I goto the range, which is usually 2-3 times weekly. The worst people I've found are those that bought Kimbers, when I have mt PT1911 with me... I would rather own a Taurus pistol then any other one made, right now.

I have owned and dealt with Taurus bashing since the 1980's, you get use to it :)

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
If you have the 9mm or .40 S&W... then let them feel the ribber grips. I never had anyone who wasn't impressed at the feel. For the rest, just ask them what they paid and tell them what you paid for yours... then just grin at them!

For the rest, rub their nose in it by out shooting them!

·
Registered
20 Posts
hey Cimarron, If its polite to ask. around what price would I expect to see at a shop for a new 24/7 9mm? (if you might know that is)
I hate that you cant find this info on the web, is it against the law or something? not MSRP but real in shop pricing.

·
32,785 Posts
One can also pick up a copy of Shotgun News or Gunlist's at the local Walmart or gunshop. These periodicals come out several times a month and have retail and, or wholesale prices listed.

·
Registered
20 Posts
thanks guys, exactly what i was looking for.

·
Registered
35 Posts
As long as we are talking about the same gun I was just holding a brand new 24/7 pro in 9mm. NIB $399. Thats in ND might be a little better where you are.

Nate

1 - 10 of 10 Posts