Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to pay for my new G2 and when I arrived found out another store location (same owner) had a stainless 24/7 Pro in 9mm. The new G2 would have been about $100 more so I am happy to give this 24/7 a good home. This was an economical decision for me and I felt the need to be frugal. Plus I had a compact model in .40 S&W I sold a year ago so this was a trigger I am already used to. The pistol was used but no signs of wear and it came with original receipts from Academy, so no worries on the warranty.
I made it to a range for a full-on 9mm Luger session, brought my PT-92 along just for comparison.
I really like the sights (Heine) even though this one needs to be adjusted just a tad. I really like the stainless receiver and the barrel length is four inches for better accuracy compared with the DS compact. I ran my serial number on the Taurus site and it was made in 2009 and the model is: 24/7-9SSP-17
Very happy to have a new addition to the Taurus family!

·
Registered
337 Posts
Hey, LS. . . I like it! Great photos. How did it shoot for you?
I think that will be a wise choice!

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks sandman! Here is my range targets...the first two are not so great but it gets better real quick.

Here is the first one....worked my way back five yards starting from seven yards, and fired ten times between each increase in range. This target has seven yards, then back to four-teen yards, and then ending in twenty yards:

This one was starting at ten-yards, then fifteen, and ending at twenty yards. It got a little better this time:

Some young guy then came next to me a puts his target at twenty yards, so I got a fresh target and did the same thing:

My last and best target. This started at seven yards with five head shots, then fifteen-yards with seven chest-shots, then twenty yards for five more head shots. I am starting to really like this but I limited myself to only 100 rounds of Lawman.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey, LS. . . I like it! Great photos. How did it shoot for you?
I think that will be a wise choice!
Fluid I am not gonna lie to you...it shoots just as good if not better than my coveted PT-92. The PT-92 is starting to show signs of age so this is something I would use at the range and other activities. I am as giddy as a school girl...oh man did I just say that?:confused:

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great post! Love the target pics, sounds like you found a real keeper. Congrats!
Thank you sir...and good luck with Bud's they tested my patience a little to much with that OSS deal.:eek: I forgot to mention not one jam or malfunction from this pistol...its definitely a keep!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Thank you sir...and good luck with Bud's they tested my patience a little to much with that OSS deal.:eek: I forgot to mention not one jam or malfunction from this pistol...its definitely a keep!
I must have gotten lucky, I got the OSS last saturday. I did have to join the VIP club to get it though, still a good deal IMHO.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I must have gotten lucky, I got the OSS last saturday. I did have to join the VIP club to get it though, still a good deal IMHO.
Oh its a good deal no doubt and I am glad you got one. Guess this was just one of those "meant to be" situations and trust me I am 100% cool with that!:D

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Long_Shot, I think you made a wise decision, friend!

I've owned two of the first generation 24/7s, and they were absolutely flawless performance-wise, and both of them shot WAAAAAAY better than I did!

21 - 24-7 OSS and  PRO Compact .45 ACPs.JPG

Reactions: Long_Shot

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Got some more pictures, all that running around yesterday wore me out.

DSCF5102.jpg

DSCF5110.jpg

DSCF5109.jpg

DSCF5108.jpg

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Oh, yes, man, that gun is a winner. You make good pics. Thanks.
MY 24/7 is my most accurate, and comfortable, gun.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Bre347: how does yours stack up against the 1911? What's your opinon on these polymer frames compared steel/aluminum frames?

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Any ideas on a compact laser/light combo...Wally World?

·
Super Moderator
27,060 Posts
Congrats and thanks for the pics.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts