Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI, My user name is "Uneasy" as that is what I am right now. I have carried a Bersa .380 but wanted a 9mm. I saw this stainless compact on sale for $339 (my price range) Looked nice ,stainless slide,polymer frame. I wanted a weapon with a manual safety and this was the only one available, Salesman tried to interest me in a S&W M&P but it had no manual safety and had an easy crisp and light trigger pull. The main problem with the Taurus is the long take up trigger. I had read on the internet the weapon had a "Crisp" pull. I was told it was a new gun ,they had it about a month. I bought it (after about a two hour ,uneasy, session) After I got home I went to Taurus web site as I saw an ad that if I bought a "New"gun I would receive an NRA membership from Taurus. The site did not and still does not regonize my model or serial number. It is as if it does not exist. Then I found it in the 2007 catalog. Do I have a new gun?? Also the salesman said not to worry about dry firing ,no problem with new guns, but operating instructions says not to? Also I was sold an Uncle Mike Inside the pant holster and read that I should use "Only" leather "No cloth holsters" Can anyone answer all these questions?? I cannot get a refund and only have today to return it for credit. signed "Uneasy"

·
Registered
275 Posts

·
Moderator Emeritus, with us always.
15,931 Posts
Ok, certain things on the Taurus Web site are not working very good. If you want to know the born on date, etc; call Taurus. You can register your gun on the web site, or send in the card. But if you don't they still recognized the warranty.
The NRA membership offer is great, it got me two years of membership (I bought two guns in a few months).
For me I think it is better to use man made IWB, as leather and moisture from the body guarantee's that something is going to smell, or rust.
I only have the PT111, but I think you will love your new gun!!

Welcome from the KY, Horse Country!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the quick replies on my "New" 24/7 pro C. I won't worry about the Uncle Mike Holster altho my operating manual states " Avoid the use of holsters of cloth or any other material except natural leather appropriately cured" . As to the URL that is supposed to take me to a site that shows my particular pistol, the UPC numbers do not match and the discription is different. I called the place of sale today and if I wanted to return the gun it would cost me $25 return charge (unfired) and If I wanted a "New" model I would have to pay the new price plus the $25. I won't know if the pin or sear are hurt from other customers who have dry fired the gun since they got it in until I fire it myself. Maybe I am too nervous about it since I have found it listed in the 2007 catalog and knowing I will have to get used to the long pull before firing. Thanks again. -Uneasy( By the way, I don't mind giving out my E-Mail as it might be easier for replies when needed. it is [email protected])

·
Registered
382 Posts
Is this the one you have? http://www.galleryofguns.com/gungal...r+Caliber+=+'9MM')+ORDER+by+manuf,+unk2,+unk3

If it is, it's the same one I bought, and I don't believe it's currently on the website. I think they are identical, except for the size of magazines that come with it. Mine came with 1 standard 13 round, and one extended 17 round with spacer. Model number on mine, per the case is 1-247099PC-17 and the UPC is 7-25327-60256-9 with serial number TAW416**. Do any of this match yours? I,along with many others, have noticed that the Taurus website is horribly outdated, and based on the fact that they make the same style gun for years, yours is probably new, just not a new model.

·
Registered
275 Posts
You have me confused now.
I wasn't aware there was ever an old model 24/7 Pro C.

The only difference between the 9mm item numbers seems to be
magazine capacity.
:???:

·
Registered
382 Posts
I think I'm trying to say, that just because it showed up in the 2007 catalog, doesn't mean that his particular gun was made in 07. And, on the same accord, Even though it is in the 07 catalog, when did they start shipping? They've been making the PT92 for many years, but I bought mine earlier this month brand new.

I think I'm getting confused now.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Uneasy:
The way I see it, your 24/7 Pro C is either brand new or used.
There's not really and "old" or "new" model.

So, if you returned the handgun you just bought, you would just
be paying 50 dollars to replace a weapon that you think may have been dry-fired.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I bought mine from a gunshow, and I'm sure it'd been dry fired many times before I did the same. I've had it at the range twice, with probably 200 rounds thru it, with no problems. IMO, it's a great gun, and will probably be a carrier, when I get my CCW, seeing as my PT92 is so much bigger.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I've done the same to get the feel of the trigger.
Everything still functions fine.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looks like I started something, but it's good. For instance . Tubaman has the same gun , the Model number AND the UPC on the case are the same. Only the serial number is a little different (as it should be) mine starts with tax- I don't intend to return it. I am extremely happy I found this site and with such helpful "Taurusarmed" new friends. You have all eased my mind quite a bit. Should I shoot it "out of the box" or disassemble and clean it first ?? Thanks to all of you , I will let you know how it (or me) does first time out.
Thanks again, (not so) uneasy

·
Registered
5 Posts
Field strip and clean it first - and before you get worried you'll probably notice alot of white grease under the slide: that's normal.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Good luck with NRA membership. I have bought two Taurus pistols, registered them both with Taurus, and have yet to hear anything about NRA. Of course, it's only been a bit over a year. Maybe they're just slow.
jwh

·
Registered
382 Posts
TaurusTX said:
Good luck with NRA membership. I have bought two Taurus pistols, registered them both with Taurus, and have yet to hear anything about NRA. Of course, it's only been a bit over a year. Maybe they're just slow.
jwh
Did you just register, or did you send in the separate form?

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
As for the NRA Membership question. I say, fill out the form, send all the required material and wait. I got my new member information about a month or two after I sent the info in. Unless it says on your receipt that the gun is used, you should have no problem. Worst case scenario is that they deny your application and you're out a postage stamp.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I mailed my first one today, for my 92. I'll prepare and send the second one, for the 24/7 when I get my member number, if I remember it for that long.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I wondered about the NRA membership myself. I am going to call Taurus giving the registration time to arrive.Sending a copy of the offer from Rifleman magazine

Uneasy

1 - 20 of 38 Posts