Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may not be the place to post this, I looked through the smithing forum and couldn't find anything on disassembly.
I picked up a PT 24/7 PRO .45 acp today. I looked the gun up and it was built in 2007. I haven't shot this one yet. It wasn't real clean when I traded for it and I do like to clean them very well.
The question I have is, has anyone disassembled the frame on this gun and if so, any advice on it.
I have taken apart my Mil PRO PT145 frame and put it back together with no issues. I have also taken apart my Glocks as well.
This one just looks abit different and I am not sure about it. The only thing I can see is two pins right above the trigger.
I do like to take guns apart and clean them good and also I find out more about how they work.
Any help will be appeciated.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I did this procedure with my 24/7 Pro CDS .45 and had no problems. I didn't bother with the trigger pin, there is no need to remove it. Spray everything with Gunscubber or Sea Foam Creep, wipe away excess then a light lube, wiping away excess and reassemble.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lv2tinker,
Thank you very much. That is exactly what I was looking for. I have seen the little ball you are talking about. I took a Mil-Pro PT145 apart and replaced the safety on it. I worried about that little ball the whole time I had the gun apart.
Thanks again for the great info.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just finished taking the gun all apart. Getting the assembly out of the frame took a bit of time to get it to come loose on the back. I took it down a bit farther than they did on that series of pictures. The gun was very dirty down deep in there. I am hoping things work a little better and smoother now.
Thanks again for the reply.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Glad I could help...dissambled my PT145 using this How-too and had trouble getting the assembly out of the frame also but was worth it as it was also dirty down "deep".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts