Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search on the forum and didn't find any tactical lights for my gun, listed in tittle. Of course thats not to say that there is not any... but I sure would appreciate suggestion, pictures and prices for a tactical light for my PT 24/7 Pro .40. This is for home defense and appreciate any info and insight you guys can offer.

·
Registered
325 Posts
question...in the event of a break-in, guessing that it would be dark, if the intruder had a gun, wouldnt having a light or laser on your firearm just point u right out? it seems asthough it would be easier for him to aquire you than vice versa. it would be like having a signal light strapped to your head. why not scream out "hey, here i am". just a thought. my idea, a few well placed night lights. wouldnt throw off any alarms in the burglars head. you would be able to pick him up easier than in pitch black enviroment. just curious.

·
Registered
10 Posts
barta said:
question...in the event of a break-in, guessing that it would be dark, if the intruder had a gun, wouldnt having a light or laser on your firearm just point u right out? it seems asthough it would be easier for him to aquire you than vice versa. it would be like having a signal light strapped to your head. why not scream out "hey, here i am". just a thought. my idea, a few well placed night lights. wouldnt throw off any alarms in the burglars head. you would be able to pick him up easier than in pitch black enviroment. just curious.
hmmmmmmm i would want to identify target before blasting away.......don't need an accidental shooting......just my 2 cents

·
Registered
235 Posts
Lone Wolf said:
hmmmmmmm i would want to identify target before blasting away.......don't need an accidental shooting......just my 2 cents
He's not saying you shoot without ID, he is just saying that when the intruder is looking through a pitch black house, and sees a light walking down the hallway, or out of a room, its MUCH easier for HIM to see YOUR light coming before you have time to find him. With a few well placed nightlights, there is a bit of ambient light in your house, and you will be able to see him as quickly or quicker than he can see you.

·
Registered
325 Posts
yep. thats what i was getting at. just a nightlight here and there. no need to put them everywhere. thats how i do it. just put yourself in the shoes of a burglar with a gun, in a dark house. any light, wether flashlight or laser would be picked up easily. id much rather me be able to see him with me sitting in a dark doorway than him see me sending out a direct line right to me.

·
Administrator
35,728 Posts
barta, i was wondering the exact same thing today....I think I would almost rather keep my night vision in the dark, as opposed to depending on the flashlight, AND giving your position away.....I think I'd much rather had a good set of tritium sights on my gun......just my 2 cents

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
to each his own. i like to think that i will never have to deal with someone breaking into my house, but if it did happen, i think spots are the only thing the perp would see after being blasted by a tac light.

·
Registered
8 Posts
When I used to own a 1st gen 24/7, I used the Streamlight TLR-1 LED Tactical Light and I loved it. :D I just received an e-mail from Botach Tactical advertising a price of $79.95 for that light. I know some others have had bad experiences with Botach, but I've ordered from them in the past with no problems.

http://www.botachtactical.com/sttrtali.html

·
Registered
33 Posts
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2008, 10:44:57 AM » Quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The key is you don't leave the light or laser on all the time. When you find intruder. Shine the light in his face yell to freeze or whatever. He'll be blinded by your light. By the way the light should be on your gun leaving both hands free to open doors or hold the gun whatever. Don't do like in the movies where they leave all that on all the time.

·
Administrator
35,728 Posts
fact of the matter is, though, that if you turn the light on, then back off, your night vision is shot - no pun intended. It's like looking at a campfire on a pitch dark night, then looking away from it into the woods - you can't see anything. With my 44 year old eyes, I think I'd rather keep the light out and have some Trijicon sights......just my opinion.

·
Registered
325 Posts
true that. i guess its all a matter of opinion. i just ordered some nitesiters online. poor mans night sights i guess. anything is better than nothing.

www.nitesiters.com

read some decent reviews. cant go wrong for 10 bucks.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Shooting Gallery Episode #72
Home Invasion
It’s midnight at your home. There’s a sound of breaking glass; the fear that someone has invaded your home…what do you do? We’ll take you step by step.

The original air date was 8/7/06. I haven't found a copy of it online yet.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts