Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just want to get some experienced opinion's from everyone. At this time the only semi-auto I have shot is my friend's Glock 23 .40cal which is very accurate and the recoil is not bad. I want the PT 24/7 in .45cal and I'm curious as to it's accuracy and will the slight weight increase equal out the increased recoil from the larger caliber?
The PT will be my C&C gun.

TIA,
Gregg

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
To me the .45 has less felt recoil then a .40. Most will agree I'm sure. The 24/7 .45 is one of the most accurate pistols I have ever shot

heres a pic from the range. 12 shots off hand at a little over 14 yards (I was trying to set it at 15 yards and after going back and measuring I was off about 2 feet)

Go to a shop that has both in stock and after holding and getting a feel of how they fit in your hand my guess is you will prefer the feel of the 24/7 over the glock any day of the week ;)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DANG mang that's some SERIOUS grouping, way to shoot!

We sell both gun's at the Academy I work at I just have not compared their side by side in hand weight yet. I have NEVER held a semi-auto that feel's as good as the PT 24/7 doe's to me.
The reason I asked is I am impressed with the 23's feel, although not as nice as the PT 24/7, and accuracy and I do not have the chance to shoot the PT before buying it!

Unless someone here in Houston who goe's to American Shooting Center's would be willing to let me try their's out? ;)

Thanks for the reply,
Gregg

·
Registered
15 Posts
The felt recoil on my 24/7 is much less then my .40 dept issue Glock. In my opinionif you get the third generation with the sa/da trigger, it will print as good or better then any glock....no big slap in the hand...just a firm push

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
texasmr2 I used to go to American all the time but I started going back to Marksman in Pasadena because its an indoor range and you can shoot all you want for 8 bucks. I like the fact that its indoors and you dont have to wait for any cease fire and you can choose how far in or out you want the target. My wife has started shooting with me in the last 6 months or so and she feels more comfortable at the indoor range as well, and thats a good thing when you are learning how to shoot and getting used to your weapon.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I liked the fact that it's so easy to move the target at an indoor range but I like being outside also and the cease fire give's me a chance for a smoke break. I live right across the street from ASC so it's the most convienant for me.
I'm also about to start a new job with the county park's dept and want to be based out of George Bush Park since it's so close and I have been hitting that park since '74.

Thanks for all the input,
Gregg

·
Registered
10 Posts
First of all. the recoil on my pt24/7 .40 is less than the other .45's i have had. 2nd.. I had a Glock 19 that i recently got rid of. I enjoy shooting the PT more that the glock.. just my .02

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm in no way worrying about the recoil just getting informed. Man I cant wait to get my PT!!!

Thanks for everyones input,
Gregg

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just want to get some experienced opinion's from everyone. At this time the only semi-auto I have shot is my friend's Glock 23 .40cal which is very accurate and the recoil is not bad. I want the PT 24/7 in .45cal and I'm curious as to it's accuracy and will the slight weight increase equal out the increased recoil from the larger caliber?
The PT will be my C&C gun.

TIA,
Gregg

Hi, I also own a Taurus PT 24/7 G2 .45cal. I have already fired 500 round. I can say that its a very nice pistol for c&c gun. I carry mine everyday. Recoil is fine, depending on grip positioning.

REGGIE

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.