Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a PT24/7 that does not have dovetails. :( I cannot find sights that are adjustable. Is there a way to purchase a new slide, or, should I just have dovetails put on the slide?

·
Registered
36,663 Posts
I have a PT24/7 that does not have dovetails. :( I cannot find sights that are adjustable. Is there a way to purchase a new slide, or, should I just have dovetails put on the slide?
not sure if there Is enough meat on the slide without interfering with other components and reducing the strength to cut dove tails??
have you considered this?
Buying a new slide would just give you 2 slides that are identical????

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
A gunsmith once machined a dovetail to replace the front sight in my 1911 clone. I expect that you could find a gunsmith who would machine dovetails into your 24/7 slide. Alternatively, you could sell it and buy a new one that has dovetails.

·
Registered
36,663 Posts
A gunsmith once machined a dovetail to replace the front sight in my 1911 clone. I expect that you could find a gunsmith who would machine dovetails into your 24/7 slide. Alternatively, you could sell it and buy a new one that has dovetails.
Dove Tails MAY be against the law in Kalifornia!!!!--------------------:icon_rolleyes:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts