Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife has a pt-22 which she had abused pretty bad when it had been cleaned up and made usable I noticed that when pulling the slide back the case was not extracted from the chamber. Since this isw the tip up I wondered if the force for exctraction in operation is blow back and there is no physical extraction mechanism. Can someone here enlighten me. It will be a couple of day before I can get to a range and check out the mechanism myself. Appreciate any help that soemone can provide. If there is a physical mechanism any info will also be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

·
Administrator
35,117 Posts
My understanding is that there is no extracter on the PT22 - it's true blowback. This is the only reason I would not use it for self defense as a BUG.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks so much I found what seems to be corroberation on this. It is interesting that it conflicts with what the gut at Taurus customer relations thought but he mmust have been thinking of the other weapons extraction devices. It is nice to have this site to reference as I have several Taurus weapons will probably be asking loys of questions in the future.
Thanks again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts