Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got home from my gunsmith. The PT 1911SS I ordered last week from an out of state dealer came in the mail today. ;D My gunsmith was impressed with the quality and how tight it was. It was just slightly under $600 and in line with the auction web sites. The MSRP is $800.

I like the new style box but I am disappointed that the pistol was shipped with blue steel magazines. In my mind I pretty much thought that a blue/black pistol was shipped with the same color magazines, but a SS model was shipped with SS magazines. At least it works that way for Colt, Kimber, Springfield Armory, Les Baer and so on. Well, when the magazine is in the pistol you can't see it anyway.

I have no complaints against the Taurus magazines they work flawlessly in all my 1911's as do the Kimber, Wilson Combat, Chip Mcormick. I guess I'm lucky that they all work no matter which one I take to a match. I shoot IDPA tomorrow but the new one will be a hangar queen till I can get it accessorized. I can't even shoot it until I can get it apart, cleaned and lubed. It has oil oozing out all over it, but my 1911's don't run on oil.

The main spring housing, front strap and the bottom of the trigger guard are checkered at 30 lpi and it is far superior to the checkering on on two PT1911B's. The barrel bushing turns easily with hand pressure (No bushing wrench required) and the slide comes off after the slide stop is pressed out. Other than an excess of oil, all looks OK. The extractor is pinned all the way through and does not wobble so I expect no trouble from it. Other than a few minor cosmetic dings that are not visible on the assembled pistol I'm pleased. It is tight doesn't rattle and I'm anxious to see how the pistol prints/groups at 25 yards with 230 hardball.

My order was outstanding for a year and a half, now if they would just ship the PT-24/7 OSS in .45acp.

It was worth the wait. The Wilson Combat will just have to wait a while longer.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Isn't it a beautiful 1911? Love mine ;)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would post pictures if I knew how.

Couple of days ago I made a posting under "Smithing", part of it was asking for help on how to post pictures. According to the counter 28 people have read the post and there are Zero, (0), as in none, nada replies. Thought I might have offended somebody, but I just asked a question.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts