Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking on Davidsons at semi auto pistols just to see what they had in stock, they have a bunch of PT1911's listed at $499. Most of the locals I could have one shipped to were charging $520-$550, but one guy was at $498.50. Just thought I would let people know they are out there for less than $600 used.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yep Davidsons has a bunch of blued. Hopefully they'll be around for a while at that price (so I have time to save up)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Okay, call me nuts, but when did 1911 mags get so expensive. Honestly, I haven't really looked at any 1911 gear in a long time, but last time I did, CMCs were about $14 and WC was about $20.

Honestly, I like the PT1911, some of the variations are slick. But frankly, for 100 year old technology, they're all a bit over priced.

·
Registered
37,073 Posts
Check out the price of a new car, or a part for that new car , after all they been around about 100 years as well!
the price on a 1911 won't seem that bad then.
Course now i agree I just don't get at why all these guys are so rabid over an old gun that shoots old ammo ???
From what i read a lot of them own more than one of them things as well!
Now that really is sick!

·
Super Moderator
27,125 Posts
Suggested addendum to feinsteins firearms bill:

1911's should only be used for personal defense and not hunting. Therefore there should be a limit of 2 per person. Owners of more than 2 1911's should hand them in to the Commission for Redistribution. Contact details are available at RodFair.net

·
Registered
7,241 Posts

1911's should only be used for personal defense and not hunting. Therefore there should be a limit of 2 per person. Owners of more than 2 1911's should hand them in to the Commission for Redistribution. Contact details are available at RodFair.net
I'll assist and open a Northern branch!

Reactions: rodfair

·
Registered
37,073 Posts

This is obviously another misquided Presidential appointment!!
set up no doubt to redirect people of goodwill from "Shady Oaks 1911 Retirement Village."

·
Registered
10 Posts
Look again at Davidson's. There are now zero. I asked my gun dealer why the MSRP was $499 and his price was $503? He looked it up and said, "Wow, that's a great price!". So I went back home, sat at the computer and ordered one. When I bought there were 9 left. Now ................ zip. Hope this turns out to be a good gun. Buying from Davidson's gives a little more confidence because of their CS.

·
Super Moderator
38,036 Posts
From what i read a lot of them own more than one of them things as well!
Now that really is sick!
Take two 230 grain FMJ's and call me in the morning.

·
Super Moderator
38,036 Posts
Look again at Davidson's. There are now zero. I asked my gun dealer why the MSRP was $499 and his price was $503? He looked it up and said, "Wow, that's a great price!". So I went back home, sat at the computer and ordered one. When I bought there were 9 left. Now ................ zip. Hope this turns out to be a good gun. Buying from Davidson's gives a little more confidence because of their CS.
Welcome aboard and congrats on making the decision on one of the best 1911's going! Show us a picture when it arrives...I have a feeling that you are going to like it a lot!

·
Administrator
35,714 Posts
Okay, call me nuts, but when did 1911 mags get so expensive. Honestly, I haven't really looked at any 1911 gear in a long time, but last time I did, CMCs were about $14 and WC was about $20.

Honestly, I like the PT1911, some of the variations are slick. But frankly, for 100 year old technology, they're all a bit over priced.
Do you mean all 1911's or all Taurus 1911's? I think you'd hard pressed to find many 1911 platforms less expensive than a Taurus (maybe RIA) that were as good or better. You get a lot of features with the Taurus.....and you don't pay $2000, $3000, and higher for your gun like you do with many manufacturers.

·
Registered
37,073 Posts
First welcome to the forum!
The Pt1911 is a great buy in the 1911 arena, many features that you just don't get on other entry/mid priced 1911's.
the only real competition out there for the Taurus is the Phillipino 1911's that have recently came into the USA, ATI, Citadel, RIA, etc. many times come loaded , depends on the model and choice of the models.
In reality anyone that wants to make a reliable, qulaity 1911 can, I mean there really are no secrets about the gun after 100 plus years of existance.

Reactions: MilProGuy and cuban

·
Registered
6,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Did not take long for them to sell out, they had 99+ when I originally posted.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I noticed that price also and when I clicked to get a quote I had some as low as 425 but I just spent my gun money

1 - 16 of 16 Posts