Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering if the PT-1911s are actually made by the Taurus Co. or are they 'farmed-out'... Also, where are the Taurus Guns (1911s and XDs) actually made?

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
All Taurus guns are made in Brazil (exept IIRC PT25's, which are made/(assembled?) in Miami), and yes they make their own 1911 frames, slides etc...Even Heinie sights are made by Taurus... ;)

BTW XD's are from Springfield, and they are imported by SA from Croatia

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Was told that both Taurus and Springfield 1911s were made in Brazil by the SAME manufacturer... Does Taurus make for Springfield???

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Springfield 1911's are made in Brazil but I do not know if they are manufactured on the same line as Taurus 1911's.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Was told that both Taurus and Springfield 1911s were made in Brazil by the SAME manufacturer... Does Taurus make for Springfield???
It's not true...

Not sure who makes SA 1911's, but since Taurus only started making pt1911's a couple of years ago (SA been making 1911 for a while) it's not possible for Taurus to be making guns for SA.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Doesn't IMBEL make the SA parts, think I've read that somewhere. Same country but different factories.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
just a little input pretty much on topic. i've read articles that tell me Taurus makes all, and i mean all, their parts, right down to the springs. that may be why some of the mag springs are kinda weak, but it's also pretty cool to have everything in house i think. if it's under your thumb, you can do anything required to fix it. anybody know if this is actually true?

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
The frames, slides, barrel and most if not all of the internal parts are made by Taurus. Not to sure about the springs The mags are also made by Taurus. So it would make sence if they do make the springs.

·
Registered
58 Posts
ByrdC130 said:
Doesn't IMBEL make the SA parts, think I've read that somewhere. Same country but different factories.
That is correct. Same country, different company...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts