Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey yall. I've been lurking for quite awhile because I'm determined to wait on the stainless steel version to come out. I was looking at the Cabelas online circular and saw that they're advertising the PT1911 with rosewood grips for $549. I'm now reconsidering waiting :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
I "believe" that special offer PT1911 with the rosewood grips also comes with the rubber grips as well - both.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I wonder if the rosewood grip set is available separately from Taurus. The web site did not show this last time I looked. Cabelas had this same deal a few months ago for about 500 bucks as I recall. I had already bought my PT1911 by then.

Reeek said:
I "believe" that special offer PT1911 with the rosewood grips also comes with the rubber grips as well - both.

·
Registered
50 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Pflyinguy,
I purchased a PT1911 from Bud's in October that was advertised with Rosewood checkered grips (http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=82149077). It was delivered with the standard black grips and no explaination. Upon inquiring on the discrepancy Gunery said, " Oh those are not available". Then after much prodding he committed to sending a set of thier Chip Mccormick's they have in stock. Well they never showed up and I just decided it's not worth time in dealing with them any longer.

Hope your experience is better.

·
Registered
15 Posts
caverngunner

I just got my gun tonight from my ffl. I am quite happy with this gun. It's my first 1911 and the pictures on the web site don't do it justice. It came with the wood grips installed and the plastic grips bagged. I am happy with the overall experience of ordering from bud's. I hope you get the grips the promised you. I would keep calling until you get what they promised.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts