Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anybody seen the pt 1911 annivesary model? i didn't know Taurus even made one,when at Davidsons website they show a pt1911 ANN model listed no pics though. i take it this means anniversary model. just curious if anybody knows anything about it.if it is a anniversary model, i hope it is a 1911 A1 remake with the spur hammer,a G.I. model.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
You know, I kind of wondered about this, seeing as how just about everyone and their brother came out with a 100th Anniversary edition. In this particular case, it could be a Davidson's exclusive, as they do quite a bit of that kind of thing. The good thing though is that it would be a 1911 anniversary model that a person can actually afford. Most of the others are in the 2K range -- and if you can believe it many are sold out. Much better would be something along the lines of what Auto-Ordnance did. They are selling the anniversary model for the same price as their regular 1911 -- about $550:

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
yeah what i saw listed at Davidsons was $900.00 MRSP range, so i'm guessing probably can get it for $700.00 or maybe a little less. i was thinking of the Remington R1 but after seeing how there is very little VIS in the frame and has a pretty severe angle on it i'm a little leary of the R1.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
yeah what i saw listed at Davidsons was $900.00 MRSP range, so i'm guessing probably can get it for $700.00 or maybe a little less. i was thinking of the Remington R1 but after seeing how there is very little VIS in the frame and has a pretty severe angle on it i'm a little leary of the R1.
Hey oso -- could you explain the last part of your post -- VIS and following?

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
vertical impact surface, that is what the lower lugs on your barrel hit to stop the barrel. the way remington cut the VIS in the frame i would worry about lug damage unless they know something that nobody else knows.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
upon a little more research Taurus has 3 anniversary 1911 models. Blue Match (grade?), doutone anniv., blue engraved in wood presentation box. MRSP $938.00-$1,170.00

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
I haven't seen any of them. For the price, unless you really wanted the Taurus, I would stick w/ the Auto-Ordnance....

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
actually i have heard good things about the Kahr/Auto Ordinance 1911

1 - 9 of 9 Posts