Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
40,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my PT-1911 2 years now. According to Taurus its date of Manufacture is March 2011; I think that is kind of cool being the same month 100 years later the 1911 was adopted into the military.

I am happy to report that I have not had a single problem with the PT-1911 in the 2 years I had it, and not a single problem with the 2 cheap Pro-mags I also got. I would estimate the round count to be near 1600 rounds most of which have been fed from the Pro-mags. The only modification I have made is to add the Bullshead grips I ordered from Taurus. I just like wood grips.

I could not be more happy with the accuracy of this gun. Don't contribute to this section much so I thought I would let others know that my PT-1911 is a great gun. :)

·
Registered
431 Posts
That is great news, i just purchased my PT1911 and like you purchased 4 Pro-mags, new for $48 on e-bay one Pro-mag $19.98 from Academy Sporooting rangets and one Chip McCormick classic from a local shooting range. I have only had a problem with one Pro-mag, when i load it with 8 rounds, it binds up when you insert the mag and will not drop out fully loaded. The Chip McCormick is the best of them all :)

Reactions: Fishinkeylargo

·
Registered
24,943 Posts
It just goes to show ya. Thar aint nuthin like a 1911

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
as of today 6550 rounds thru my pt1911 ss 9mm

if i had to say only issues were caused by factory mags not wanting to handle the 9 rounds have 2 10 round wilson combat 9mm mag running just fine ofr idpa wilsons are ok but have plastic followers the metaforms i saw had all metal 10 rounds but were always out of stock and under 23.00

Reactions: Fishinkeylargo

·
Registered
140 Posts
I've had mine for 5 and half years, and probably have something like 5500 rounds through it. It still runs like a champ. The only issues I've ever had was with a crappy batch of reloads that bogged down my brother in law's HK and Kimber as well. It really seems like Taurus got it right with this one, and I'm glad to see so many holding up well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts