Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm working with a friend (via phone calls) on a PT 145. It's a Millennium (I think it's an earlier generation). The pistol's slide was completely disassembled and now there's a spring missing, however we can't find any information about the spring or the parts is related to (all models, videos, images, searched online do not contain the parts I'm looking for). Attached are several pictures. The spring is on the rear right side of the slide. Near the back of the slide there is a cover on the right side that is held in place by a flat head screw. Once removed, it reveals a flat metal notched piece that has a spring under it. The notched piece appears to have a notch that locks the firing pin in the rearward position when retracted. The (missing) spring seems to apply pressure to push this notched piece back away from the firing pin (although I'm unsure of it purpose or involvement in the firing process). Any help regarding where to purchase the missing spring would be appreciated

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't have the slide with me, but wouldn't the extractor be closer to the chamber? The piece is so far back in the slide I question its use.

·
Super Moderator
40,589 Posts
It may be the firing pin block. Keeps the firing pin from going forward if the trigger is not pulled. This is just a guess based off your descriptions, I don't own the earlier version to confirm this.

Reactions: olfarhors

·
Registered
36,611 Posts
I would go with Fishings guess, and its just a guess as I have never seen this setup before.
Was this a Taurus weapon that was sold in the USA? or a foreign market?

·
Supporting Moderator
5,350 Posts
I would go with Fishings guess, and its just a guess as I have never seen this setup before.
Was this a Taurus weapon that was sold in the USA? or a foreign market?
It's a Gen 1 Pt145........

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's a Gen 1 Pt145........

Thanks. I figured it was an earlier generation which is why diagrams and schematics are so had to find.

Thanks Fishinkeylargo, I see how it could act as a firing pin block. And Olfarhors, as far as the place of origin, all I know is it was bought used in the USA. Prior to that, unknown, although I don’t have reason to believe that it was anything originating out of the country.

Now the important stuff… Does anyone know where I can get 1.) The schematics for this model. 2.) Buy parts for it. Specifically the spring missing for the “firing pin block”?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts