Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's a tossup, the PT145 or the M&P Compact. I don't like that the M&P has no safety (other than the trigger safety) and I also like the .45 better than a 9mm or .40. I need some nice, warm and fuzzy stories about how good the PT145 is...

Anybody?

Todd

·
Registered
178 Posts
How about almost 4000 rounds without any malfunctions, how about accuracy not usually found in such a short barrel, how about ease of control when doubletapping, how about a gun that shoots to point of aim right out of the box, how about all of this for a really reasonable price.

Some folks dont like the trigger for the long pull, and some even say its "gritty". I am an old double action only revolver guy and the trigger feels very natural to me. It started out a little rough but after about 700 rounds is now as smooth as I could want it to be.

I really like the feel in my huge hands, I like that it has 10+1 of 45acp. I like that I can drop it into the front pocket of most pants I wear and no one knows its there. I love that it goes bang every time I pull the trigger. I would love to find a set of Tritium Night Sights to replace the more than adequate 3 dot system.

I must say....I like the little hand cannon known as the PT-145. If I wear this one out...I will buy another.

tex45acp

·
Registered
33 Posts
My PT145SS is at the FFL here & I get to pick it up tomorrow, but if it did not have a manual safety I would've bought it anyway. As far as I'm concerned a manual safety on a DAO gun is redundant if the trigger mechanism is properly designed. I currently carry a Kel Tec P11 or P32 depending on dress & feel perfectly safe with one in the chamber carried IWB. If I ever need to draw, I'd rather not have to waste time turning the safety off, or worse forget to.

·
TaurusArmed.net Forum Founder
6,541 Posts
I like mine. I have put quit a few rounds through it without any mishaps at all.

I'd buy it again if I had a 2nd chance.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I love mine. It's my carry weapon. I like having 10+1 rounds of .45ACP. It's the same size as a Bersa 380, XD9 or XD40 subcompact but with bigger bullets.

My trigger reset spring broke and I sent it back to Taurus. They fixed it and had it back to me without any issues. I later learned that it was a $5.00 part that I could have changed in 5 minutes. Now I know.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
The longer I shoot the .45 ACP, the better I like it. Reload it mild and it's a pussy cat... p+ and it's a Lion Tamer! When thinking about the 9mm... remember, it doesn't always expand, but the .45 never shrinks!

·
TaurusArmed.net Forum Founder
6,541 Posts
Actually .. no, it's not. I have nothing to do with Taurus except for the fact that I own one.

To be honest, your first 2 posts were 'Taurus is junk, here's the link'. I got the idea you were a spammer r a serious troll, take your pic.

If free speech was dead here, your initial post would be gone as well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just want to make sure that people are aware of the potential problems that they might encounter if they have a Taurus. Their lives may depend on it.

I will not post again. Good luck.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a few Glocks, a couple of Springfields, several smiths, and my third generation pt145 is just as good, and to be honest, just flat better then quite a few in my collection. Go with it....no regrets fom my standpoint

·
Administrator
39,376 Posts
chajohnson said:
I think I'll size my cast bullets to .452 and see if that cuts down the leading.
That's the ideal size for lead.
I like to run a few FMJ through mine when I shoot 100 or more. It doesn't clean the lead out, but seems to thin it, making cleaning an easier chore.

By the way, I love my PT145! :thumb: :thumb:

·
Administrator
39,376 Posts
Oops! I forgot my manners. Welcome to TA, chajohnson! :wave: Drop by the Member Introduction section and introduce yourself. :thumb:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts