Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 3rd Generation PT-145 which has seen at least 800 rounds from 185 +P Gold Dots, Blazer Ammo, Taurus Hex as well as what I currently run which is Hornady 230 grain+P just to name a few. This guns has operated flawlessly since I have owned it however I was wondering at what point are you all changing the recoil spring on your 145's if ever.

Administrator
If it ain't broke, don't fix it. :thumb:

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
I just noticed that if I hold the slide while bringing it back to close, the slide will not close all the way. If I pull it back and let if fly, it closes fine. I put a new spring assembly in, held the slide, brought it back to close and it did close all the way. Definately a little wear on the spring however I had no problem with it firing.

Registered
mdprotector said:
I just noticed that if I hold the slide while bringing it back to close, the slide will not close all the way. If I pull it back and let if fly, it closes fine. I put a new spring assembly in, held the slide, brought it back to close and it did close all the way. Definately a little wear on the spring however I had no problem with it firing.
Mine has done that since day one. These guns like to be 'man-handled' and you have to release the slide with full force. Has not affected my gun though at all, even with light target loads.

Registered
Mine has done that since day one. These guns like to be 'man-handled' and you have to release the slide with full force. Has not affected my gun though at all, even with light target loads.
I agree. My wife was having difficulty chambering rounds until I pointed this out to her. No problem since..... with the gun anyway! :p

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all, will keep on shooting!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts