Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 3rd Generation PT-145 which has seen at least 800 rounds from 185 +P Gold Dots, Blazer Ammo, Taurus Hex as well as what I currently run which is Hornady 230 grain+P just to name a few. This guns has operated flawlessly since I have owned it however I was wondering at what point are you all changing the recoil spring on your 145's if ever.

·
Administrator
40,826 Posts
If it ain't broke, don't fix it. :thumb:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just noticed that if I hold the slide while bringing it back to close, the slide will not close all the way. If I pull it back and let if fly, it closes fine. I put a new spring assembly in, held the slide, brought it back to close and it did close all the way. Definately a little wear on the spring however I had no problem with it firing.

·
Registered
131 Posts
mdprotector said:
I just noticed that if I hold the slide while bringing it back to close, the slide will not close all the way. If I pull it back and let if fly, it closes fine. I put a new spring assembly in, held the slide, brought it back to close and it did close all the way. Definately a little wear on the spring however I had no problem with it firing.
Mine has done that since day one. These guns like to be 'man-handled' and you have to release the slide with full force. Has not affected my gun though at all, even with light target loads.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Mine has done that since day one. These guns like to be 'man-handled' and you have to release the slide with full force. Has not affected my gun though at all, even with light target loads.
I agree. My wife was having difficulty chambering rounds until I pointed this out to her. No problem since..... with the gun anyway! :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.