Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a PT 145 Mil. Pro about 6 months ago. I have had no jams or feed problems and the gun has performed flawlessly through 500 plus rounds. One thing that bothers me is that the primer indents have what looks like a "drag" mark for lack of a better term. My local gunsmith looked at it and said to keep shooting it. Like I say gun has been flawless so far but I am wondering if anyone else has had this problem and should I be concerned?

·
Administrator
35,627 Posts
Can you post a picture of what you're referring to?

By the way, welcome from Texas.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here is a picture. Happens with all brands of ammo.

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
94 Posts
Typical for striker fired pistols using Browning's short-recoil design.

The barrel tilts upwards after the first few mm's of recoil and drops the chamber, therefore dragging the casing downwards against the protruding firing pin.

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Yeah, we have seen pictures of that same thing from others. It is not as uncommon as one might think. I just looked at an empty from my PT111, and it does show much the same as yours, just not quite as distinct a pull to the side.

·
32,737 Posts
There's even a FAQ on that. Those are normal.

One aside. It might be time to clean the firing pin hole and any other nooks and crannies in the pistol itself. Doesn't take long for debris to collect and tie up any compact gun.

·
Administrator
40,372 Posts
Very common, and not just striker fired pistols.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts